slimming world v weight watchers

Yeah It is only whole wheat but it's unlimited as well. Thank you. Looks like it might have to be ww this time

Sent from my LG-D802 using MiniMins.com mobile app

You can have WW pitta as a healthy extra B and Asda do wraps called Bfree that are a healthy extra b as well. Don't know of any others without looking. I am hoping that one day someone will bring out a healthy extra B crumpet LOL!

Yes, the 'free' bread products on WW are tempting - having to eat only brown rice and pasta, not so much!! I think the main difference though is that with WW you get two treats per day from a specified list to start with, then move onto 49 extra propoints per week for non SF stuff, instead of daily syns. I've never really worked out how a syn relates to a WW propoint, so not sure which is the better 'deal'!!

1 syn is 20 calories approximately
1 propoint is approximately 40 calories

I have done both and my husband was a WW leader so I know that plan really well but I find SW easier than the WW filling and healthy.

1 syn is 20 calories approximately
1 propoint is approximately 40 calories

Thanks! I always wondered how they compared. So 49 weeklies = 98 syns a week, compared to 105 syns with SW. It is amazing how similar the plans are when you get right down to it - the difference are mainly in how they are 'packaged'.

Thank you so much! I think the support from the lovely people on here will make all the difference to me on the plan .....I'm feeling so positive it's amazing! :bliss:

H xx

Morning :) How are you getting on? I've had a few blips but otherwise doing ok. I've actually started to feel full and leave food on my plate!!! Now that I am totally at ease with eating this way,I'm addressing portion sizes when it comes to 'free foods'. This way,I haven't had to cope with too much change and feel pressured. Weightloss is improving and I feel so much better. Hope it's going well for you :) x

I was doing ww but hadn't lost anything in 2 weeks. I have just recommended slimming world and agree there are less product items needed and I think easier to eat out as you can eat any dried pasta rather than ww is just whole wheat. Next week I will see I guess by the scales!

Let us know how weigh in goes I be interested I'm trying to decide which one to do been at ww for years on and off and finding it hard to shift weight since I rejoined end of February

Let us know how weigh in goes I be interested I'm trying to decide which one to do been at ww for years on and off and finding it hard to shift weight since I rejoined end of February
I hold on to my weight a lot. I have lost an average of a pound a week following SW EE plan and really enjoyed it. I can't express how unusual it is for me to lose this level and so consistently. 1 lb a week may not sound like much but I've list a stone already this year and 1lb a week works out at 4 stone over a year.

Good luck

having done both over the years, many times I might add, I much prefer SW. Unlimited foods - are you serious? no contest. I used to always do red and green days but now I do EE and am never hungry, always have loads of choice, and the reason I used to fall off the wagon is no longer there... ie, not being able to have 'normal food' where red and green days mixed.

having done both over the years, many times I might add, I much prefer SW. Unlimited foods - are you serious? no contest. I used to always do red and green days but now I do EE and am never hungry, always have loads of choice, and the reason I used to fall off the wagon is no longer there... ie, not being able to have 'normal food' where red and green days mixed.

I agree!

I love ww, get gold but went on holliday then i was a bit depress, and put weight. I wanted to try another plan so went to sw.
I love sw plan, easy to follow.
i prefer ww meetings, much better learning, cooking.
I find sw groups borings, not fair on slimmer of the week. Should be %.
Thinking about what i learn from both, i put in practice and works for me. So in the future i dont need anymore to go nowhere. And learning whats is best for me.
But yes for me is weight watchers better.

Very interesting thread. I am trying to decide whether or not to go back to slimming world or weight watchers.
Slimming world seems to be winning for me.

I've found having daily syns with slimming world much easier than a weekly allowance with we. I was following the fillng and healthy plan on ww & now EE on slimming world

I can't recommend sw enough but I don't know ww anymore. I am finding ee really easy to stick to but you've got to be prepared to cook. We are both out of the house 13 hours a day at work and commuting but we are finding we can still fit the cooking in pretty easily. :)

Me too! Rejoined WW again after Christmas and have been ar$ing about losing and gaining the same half a stone. Because I was on minimum pro points I was starving but just put up with it.The trouble is that when it came to PMT I had stomach ache and cravings to the extent that I inevitably caved in and binged,so I need to get out of this starve binge cycle.I have been a SW member on and off for years but thought I could 'cheat' the system with WW And so eat more junk but obviously you can't and even if I could I need to think about healthy eating and not just weight loss!
Sal x

Me too! Rejoined WW again after Christmas and have been ar$ing about losing and gaining the same half a stone. Because I was on minimum pro points I was starving but just put up with it.The trouble is that when it came to PMT I had stomach ache and cravings to the extent that I inevitably caved in and binged,so I need to get out of this starve binge cycle.I have been a SW member on and off for years but thought I could 'cheat' the system with WW And so eat more junk but obviously you can't and even if I could I need to think about healthy eating and not just weight loss!
Sal x

Same here and I am getting really annoyed now. I've been messing around for the past 6 month and I am officially back to where I started. I lost just under 2st with sw and have done ww before too. Sw is more expensive food wise than ww as you have to buy branded stuff. I get board very easily and don't know what to do lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think with treats you get more value on ww compared to sw. Yes ww is restricted but it teaches portion control which is what we need. I was on the least amount of points so I found it hard. 26pp isn't a lot but thank God for the 49 weeklies.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back