slimming world v weight watchers

I find SW so much easier and less restrictive than anything i have tried before and before i never used to eat veg or fruit so its been a complete change to me but it works

Ive never eaten so much!!! And rarely feel hungry or deprived

Having looked on the WW's thread of Mini's, there don't seem to be anywhere near the amount of recipes posted up by members, so you can gain inspiration (unless I've missed them, of course!). This makes me wonder if it's a lot more restrictive than SW. I was wondering whether to swap over, just so I could have more bread, making breakfast and lunches easier, but the lack of recipes sort of puts me off. :(

Kathy

Having looked on the WW's thread of Mini's, there don't seem to be anywhere near the amount of recipes posted up by members

I always think that WW is a plan for those who don't want to cook, hence the lack of recipes and the abundance of WW ready-made items in the shops. I love to cook so SW is the plan for me :)

There are aways about 10times as many people on the SW forum than WW when i log in that says it all...its simple plain easy food and easy to do little weighing or counting and so much variety the recipes on here are so extensive

There are aways about 10times as many people on the SW forum than WW when i log in that says it all...its simple plain easy food and easy to do little weighing or counting and so much variety the recipes on here are so extensive

That's not quite as revealing as it seems though, WW have their own forum, so their members don't need to come on here for online info.

SW all the way for me too. Like elvisfan I never ate fruit and veg, now I'm having loads. I did WW years ago and it worked for a while but I was always hungry and so it was harder to stick to long term.

Oh and my boyfriend does all the cooking coz I'm completely useless in the kitchen, so that helps!

SW all the way for me too. Like elvisfan I never ate fruit and veg, now I'm having loads. I did WW years ago and it worked for a while but I was always hungry and so it was harder to stick to long term.

Oh and my boyfriend does all the cooking coz I'm completely useless in the kitchen, so that helps!

Send him over here does he do ironing too by any chance? Lol

Haha, he does yeah! I'm keeping him though, sorry...

:)

Haha, it would give me a break when he's doing my head in!

Id offer you mine in return..but i like you LOL!!

I have a friend who has been on WW for the entire 10years ive known her...she has lost a bit but given how restrictive her eating is id have given up long ago! I have and keep suggesting Sw to her but WW is so ingrained in her,she wont change

I have a friend who's very old school ww like that and I think that ww has moved on a lot and they probably aren't even following ww as it is now!

I've done sw for a long time but have switched to ww for a while partly because it is more restrictive because I think as lovely as it is to be able to eat lots on sw I think that can also be a downside but in another way ww is not restrictive as you can have whatever you like within your points and there is also lots of free healthy foods to eat.

I think it's finding what suits you and it might be different plans at different times of our lives.

Ive tried them all...most of,them in the last 2years and nothing but SW has worked for me..the others worked before but that pesky excess weight just found me again..this time i feel i can keep this type of eating up for good as,so much can be adapted to the SW way

Going by the questions that are asked here repeatedly it's probably also partly WW is more straight forward. Count points end of story. A lot of people struggle getting to grips with EE/HEX etc Syn value requests are a huge factor every say whereas WW points are clear to work out :)

You'll also find most of the 'people' on SW forum aren't people they're bits :)

And as someone else said WW have their own very active very large forums on their own website :)

I always think it's funny that the one thing SW people say they hate about WW is using up their points and being hungry. Whereas people on WW biggest grumble is struggling to eat their points :)

I'd be the first to admit I've never tried WW. But I have seen all their products on the supermarket shelves.
Personally I like SW because I use everyday foods and have a wide choice to suit my dietary needs (which are many!!) It took me a while to get started on some weekly weight loss but once I did the weight came off slowly and surely....and has stayed off since last October. :D

Nothing wrong with people choices...we're all different.

I'd be the first to admit I've never tried WW. But I have seen all their products on the supermarket shelves.
Personally I like SW because I use everyday foods and have a wide choice to suit my dietary needs (which are many!!) It took me a while to get started on some weekly weight loss but once I did the weight came off slowly and surely....and has stayed off since last October. :D

Nothing wrong with people choices...we're all different.

It's their products that put me off. They arent particularly healthy in an abstract sense, and they are barely an improvement on the regular product that they are modelled on. When i have ever checked the calories of weight watchers vs normal food, the calories per 100g is usually no better than normal, they just have smaller servings.

Going by the questions that are asked here repeatedly it's probably also partly WW is more straight forward. Count points end of story. A lot of people struggle getting to grips with EE/HEX etc Syn value requests are a huge factor every say whereas WW points are clear to work out :)

You'll also find most of the 'people' on SW forum aren't people they're bits :)

And as someone else said WW have their own very active very large forums on their own website :)

I always think it's funny that the one thing SW people say they hate about WW is using up their points and being hungry. Whereas people on WW biggest grumble is struggling to eat their points :)

What do you mean the people aren't people they are bits?

I've done weight watchers a few times in the past but put the weight back on. I'm using slimming world this time so I start with what healthy foods (free foods) I'm going to eat rather than working out the points needed for chocolate!

Back