Slimming World V Weight Watchers

ickleladynat

Hi all,

I've currently been doing weight watchers for about a month now and I just can't seem to stick to my points at all. I did the diet about 5 years ago a lost a few stone on it but now I just can't seem to stop going over my points.
I have only ever tried Slimming World once about 2 years ago. I have got all my old books out from Slimming World and I am thinking about re-joining. What does everyone else think? What has worked best for most people?
I will be greatful for your tips & advise.

i like slimming world, because you don't go hungry, and although your have to count the HE and syns, it's not as much as the points.

but you do have to think about what is best for you, and you may only know by trying, as you have tried WW and it isn't working....

Ive never tried WW so cant comment, but I do love the freedom of SW (when I stick to it!) xx

well I have been reading through the book and I should be ok with it. I like the fact I can eat as much of certain foods as I like. I just can't seem to stick to the weight watcher points anymore.
I'm having my last 'pig out' tonight and start slimming world tomorrow. I did buy a monthly pass for w/w so I'll probably go next wed and see how I've done. Even though i'm doing s/w so we will see how I get on. Fingers crossed.

Only 4 weeks to my holiday as well so I desperately need to lose something!!!

How much do you want to lose ickleladynat? x

Before my holidays or all together?

Before my holiday I'd like to lose at least 7lbs. BUt all together I probably need to lose about 3 and a half stone. So a bit. Hopefully this will be the 'diet' to do it. My boyfriends mam did it 2 a year ago and lost 3 stone so she has loads of books and stuff if I need any. But this site is very helpful so I will be aregular asking lots of questions!! lol x

yeah it is very helpful - Ive got around 3-4 stone ish left to lose! Shout if you want anything xx

Thanks, no doube I will shouting of you ALOT!! ha ha.

How much do you think if realistic to lose in 4 weeks? I'm currently 13st 8lbs so have a bit to lose. x

In the first four weeks I lost just over a stone (but I was 18 stone!) Id say aim for half a stone, its enough to notice a difference and its achievable - any more than that would be a bonus and you'll be in the 12 stones! xxx

One isnt better than the other its defintiely what suits you best. I couldnt handle SW when I tried it, I found it too restrictive I love the freedom I have with my points. But, as always, its down to personal choice. If youve tried points and its not for you SW is probably definitely worth a try :)

SW is better for me because I felt deprived and more like I was 'on a diet' with WW. I like the freedom of eating on SW as if I'm having a hungry day I can eat lots. I'm not eating such large portions as I was and think it helps me eat healthier in a more natural way. I feel like I'll be able to stick with it for longer and that I may actually achieve target this time, instead of giving up after a stone or so because I feel I've had enough of dieting.

I prefer SW because on WW I got all hung up on the points and hated measuring portion sizes. With SW what you can eat each day is generally free portion size wise so I dont have to bother measuring, plus Im never hungry.

over the years i have gone and joined ww five times! faced with being 19st 4lb earlier in the year i decided i got to do summat, so i gave up choc and lost 6lb then thought i can't do this one my own and came to the conclusion that i couldn't face ww again so decided i wanted to give SW a go and i am so glad i did have lost 20.5lb in 8 wks
i don't really feel as though it is a diet i just changing the habit of a lifetime and am eating healthier than i ever have in my life and am never hungry

I have done both but prefer SW. I like SW because I am never hungry. I like big portions and feel deprived if I don't have them so SW works perfectly for me.

WW is ideal if you want to eat whatever you want, for example, equal amounts meat and pasta at the same time, but are not worried about the restricted portions.

I can honestly say Ive NEVER been hungry doing WW

i was hungry and miserable on it - and it did my head in looking everything up all the time and trying to remember how many points i'd eaten and how many i had left!

I found WW a bit restrictive and I always felt a bit panicked towards the end of the day if I knew I'd eaten all my points and kept thinking 'what if i get hungry later!?' - I love SW at the moment and it is the only diet/eating plan I have ever done where I've felt confident about sticking to it long term. I did like WW but something that worried me about it was the idea that as I lost weight I would be 'punished' by having points taken away from me! And worried that even if I got to goal (which never happened) I would still be hungry all the time because the slim me wouldn't have many points to play with.

Another thing I love about SW is that it encourages you to eat various types of food and you can't get away with eating a bland diet each day. If you follow the plan 100% then each day you will be eating different things. (i.e dairy and veg and carbs and fibre etc) I had the tendency to save points and then have a day where I could just eat 3 mars bars or something like that on WW, and you just couldn't get away with that on SW!

Like many of you I need a big portion to fill me up. If I don't get that big portion then I cruise the kitchen looking for things to chew on. Which can and does end up being chocolate or bread most of the time!

Emerald
X

Back