Slimming World V Weight Watchers

I think SW suits anyone who wants to eat healthy food and teach themselves what portions suit them. On WW, They give you points according to your weight. This feels almost like one size fits all and does not suit many. For others who cannot eat without going crazy and will never be able to, I would guess WW suits.

I can only say (from looking at your thread on reviews), suck it and see gingernut :)

I used to love ww when i done it. But i got to a stage that i couldnt stick to ww and it seemed that nothing was filling me up.So i decieded to do sw. I am really enjoying the plan . I can eat for england so if i can loose weight anyone can.

SW is good for big eaters, different plans suit different people, I know I couldn't personally spend my life counting points all the time, SW gives me freedom, and I love the plan and have lost nearly 2 stone on it since the end of January, I've never been hungry and I still indulged in my favourite treats :D Horses for courses though. :D

Good idea Phil lol

Slimming World or Weight Watchers?

Hi everyone,

Hope you had a lovely xmas etc :)

I joined here a few months ago to try slimming world. I got all the books etc on ebay as i didn't want to go to classes etc. To cut the long story short I only managed a couple weeks as I had so many pre arranged plans for meals etc that I didn't lose anything and it seemed pointless. However now xmas and new year are out the way I am going to lose this weight!

The thing is I only want to lose a stone and I mentioned before that I didn't know if extra easy will cause losses for a smaller weight loss goal?

What do you all think, or do you think I should try WW, although they have a new diet now that looks similar to EE??

I appreciate your replies as i'm starting my diet again on Wednesday :D

x

I have never tried WW, this is my first and hopefully only go at SW and i love it! You WILL get losses even with only a stone to lose.

Slimming World all the way for me. I love it, you never go hungry and it teaches you how to have healthy food correctly and its something you can follow for life not just to lose weight quickly like some diets.

The problem with Weight watchers is you can use your points on anything you want. It doesnt really encourage healthy eating in my eyes and everyone i know who have done ww lose weight quickly but are always starving then end up not being able to stick to itand end up putting the weight all back on again. xx

Thanks everyone.

I prefer the idea if SW as I have a hubby and toddler to feed and the meal ideas seem so much more family based etc.

I'm going to start planning my weeks food now :)

The problem with Weight watchers is you can use your points on anything you want. It doesnt really encourage healthy eating in my eyes and everyone i know who have done ww lose weight quickly but are always starving then end up not being able to stick to itand end up putting the weight all back on again. xx

If you use your points on rubbish then youre NOT following WW properly. Its the same as people following SW, you could eat Super Noodles, Pasta and Sauce, Mullers etc and yes youre eating free food but youre not following SW properly - its the same as the junk foodies on WW

WW promotes the very same principles as SW does, healthy eating, cooking from scratch, its a common misconception from people (mostly on SW and other diets) that it doesnt.

If you do WW properly you WONT be hungry - in fact if you look on WW forum a lot of people who are doing it properly actually struggle to use all their points

Back