Slimming World when pregnant?

Lana

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and have gained quite a bit of weight already although I did lose a stone on LL before finding out I was pregnant and could only manage to eat junk with suffering from morning sickness so its not surprising I've gained!

Now I'm feeling a bit better, I'd like to try and minimise my weight gain and get my body healthy. I hate measuring and weighing things and remember eating lots on green days at SW without having to measure.

When I first did SW I hated having to speak out in class because I'm quite a reserved person so gave it up after a few weeks.

Do you think SW would be good to help me keep my weight gain to a minimum?

Thanks for reading. :)

Yes i do, but it think you should speak to the consultant there about your HE allowance and syns, as she/he may not want you to stick to the normal plan. I dont know about where you would go but in group go around and everyone says how you found it, so i think that maybe something you would have to think about. but once you get to know everyone you will feel comfertable talking.

I did sw when pregnant with my second child and managed to keep my weight down really well. They don't like you to actually loose weight but to just put on steadily. You also get a very good booklet or you did 3 years ago advising why you need to see your consultant regularly.
I would just go to group and seek advice.

Hope that has helped you a little

I became pg after I had been on SW for 8 weeks back in Feb last yr. My SWC said to carry on as normal and that I didnt need any HEX's but I think that might have been been because I was in my 1st trimester and also because I still had a lot of weight to loss. I had a m/c so never got to find out what would have happened to my weight.

My friend goes to SW while pregnant she got a seperate leaflet and I think she is allowed more syns and stuff. She has continued to loose weight albeit slowly but still weighs less now then when she first fell pregnant.

In my class if you mention to the SWC that you are quite reserved and dont want to speak out in class then anyone with respect should not make you do something you are not comfortable with. Why dont you phone (I think the numbers are provided when looking for your nearest class) and tell her your concerns. I am sure she will be ok with it love.

SS TO HEAR ABOUT UR M/C X
I became pg after I had been on SW for 8 weeks back in Feb last yr. My SWC said to carry on as normal and that I didnt need any HEX's but I think that might have been been because I was in my 1st trimester and also because I still had a lot of weight to loss. I had a m/c so never got to find out what would have happened to my weight.

Thanks for your replies and so sorry to hear about your mc Spaceangel, I've been there too. x

I've contacted my old SWC and he's posting the forms to me to get my midwife to sign, so i'm rejoining!

Thanks again.

I did sw while pregnant, and with-in 2 weeks of the birth, I was back down to pre-pregnancy weight.

I didnt really lose any weight while pregnant, but also, I didnt really put on any either, so it only showed on the scales after I had given birth.

Its also a very healthy way to eat while preg.

Good luck

Slimming World is endorsed by the Royal College of Midwives and I think it's the only weight loss/slimming organisation that is. I can't remember if you are advised to have more healthy extras during the pregnancy, but they do recommend you have more dairy healthy extras when you are breastfeeding. You aren't supposed to increase your syns at any point though, you shouldn't need them with all the healthy free food! It is a brilliant plan to follow while preganant though, very healthy for you and your baby!

Back