Slimming world while pregnant

Browsie

Silver Member
Hi Guys I have just found out I am pregnant I am doing slimming world at the moment and want to carry on. Are there different rules when youe expecting, I seem to remember you can have extra HE but not sure. Can anyone advise me on how it works on red/green and EE. Thanks

Hi, firstly congratulations!!!

I am also pregnant (20wks) and just getting back on track.

You can follow the plan when pregnant, you just need to have a letter signed by your midwife/dr to say you are allowed to continue with the plan.

You follow the plan as normal and don't have any extra's, it is worth ensuring you have all your calcium (HEA) though.

Our pregnancy and post-natal policy - Slimming World - Health Professional Resources

You get extra healthy extras after you've had the baby if you are breastfeeding.

The early weeks can be tricky, so don't be too hard on yourself, I just wanted bread and had no energy to cook! If you are feeling good, I'd suggest you start cooking some meals to freeze so that you have plenty of healthy food on hand for those days when you just feel too exhausted to do anything. Luckily that does pass though!!

Again, congrats!! Let us know how you get on :)

Thanks guys, this is my second and I put about 3 1/2 stone on with my first which I haven't managed to lose - still half a stone to go. I'm really determined to be as healthy as I can as well as not feeling like a big blob with this one.

Back