slimming world?

araazcyanide

hey all :) i want to loose a stone and i've recently started to slimming world diet. It has only been five days since i've been on it, and i have noticed i am eating loads more than i normally would because i am hungry- but it is all 'free foods'. i find this really strange for a diet; so, is this normal? does slimming world actually work? especially if i eat loads? :)

I think it works! I joined SW about 9 weeks ago and I've already lost 2 stones 5.5 lbs. I've never been able to stick to any diet for longer than 2 weeks so I am chuffed about this. I think SW works perfectly because you are not restricted to any food. It's just the way you cook the meal you need to watch out for. You can have burger and chips, a fry up, fish and chips, curry... and still lose weight. It's do-able. It's enjoyable. It's great! isn't it?

Week 1-4: 17.5lbs Week 4-9: 15.5lbs
club_10_award.jpg
2_stone.jpg
slimmer_of_week.jpg
x4
slimmer_of_month_May.jpg

Thanks thats good to know , its hard to get your head round why it works. I have been eating non stop .. statrted on thursday and worried i will see no change on the scales next week ... so thanks x

Oh dont worry too much lily!

My first week all i did was eat! and I dreaded my weigh in! when I hopped on I had lost a good chunk of weight, but I was heavy to start with!

It took me 6 weeks to get used to eating so much and losing weight!!

GL for weigh in!

I almost find the harder days are when I eat less, I need to remind myself to eat, especially breakfast. My husband can't believe how much more I have eaten in the four weeks since I started, and 8lbs have come off with relative ease. I love this - so much easier than WW!

I love the shock of the first week (yes ive done it a couple of times ;) ) ...where you feel like you have eaten loads and theres no way you coulda lost...and then you pop on the scales and poof! big loss :) love it! xx

If money was donated to charity everytime someone asked "can i really eat this much and still loose weight?" just before their first weigh-in who then goes home to find that they have lost - there'd be a very rich charity out there somewhere... :)

I was the same (and still am sometimes - even after nearly 23months on the plan) - my first week - i ate loads - though never deviated from plan, and always had my 15syns. Thought i may have lost 1 or 2 lbs when i got on the scales. Lets just say - i lost a lot more then that - a whole stone had gone. When i looked down at the scales and saw the same "8.5lbs" - i was disappointed - i thought i had maintained. Then the weigh-in lady gasped and said "you'd lost a stone". I was flabbergasted.

OK, that's the more extreme end of the scale of first week weight loss - and there's no two ways of putting it - i had a lot to loose. but yes - you can eat loads (my plates where piled HIGH) and loose weight. Over time the appetite does come down and you will find yourself naturally eating less anyhow.

Enjoy and hope you have a good result at weigh in.

If money was donated to charity everytime someone asked "can i really eat this much and still loose weight?" just before their first weigh-in who then goes home to find that they have lost - there'd be a very rich charity out there somewhere... :)

I was the same (and still am sometimes - even after nearly 23months on the plan) - my first week - i ate loads - though never deviated from plan, and always had my 15syns. Thought i may have lost 1 or 2 lbs when i got on the scales. Lets just say - i lost a lot more then that - a whole stone had gone. When i looked down at the scales and saw the same "8.5lbs" - i was disappointed - i thought i had maintained. Then the weigh-in lady gasped and said "you'd lost a stone". I was flabbergasted.

OK, that's the more extreme end of the scale of first week weight loss - and there's no two ways of putting it - i had a lot to loose. but yes - you can eat loads (my plates where piled HIGH) and loose weight. Over time the appetite does come down and you will find yourself naturally eating less anyhow.

Enjoy and hope you have a good result at weigh in.

Well you are an inspiration to us Ian! I have lots to lose and you show that it can be done!

Back