Slimming your calves

LisaC

Gold Member
I know there are a lot of women who like me have chunky calves. I am a size 14 bottom & would target to be a 10/12 but dread the thought of slimming down & still not being able to wear short skirts/dresses as Im so paranoid about my calves. Is there anyone who has lost weight with SW & noticed a difference with the size of their calves in particular?

I know there aren't really any exercises to focus on that part of the body but slimming generally with SW, has it helped that area?

x

Yes, weight loss has definately improved my legs in total - my thighs have slimmed down loads and my calves are starting to get more definition (rid of those cankles - YAY!). I try to do a bit of Cross Trainer every day too though - and I think this is helping my flabby stomach! :D

Yep, 3 stone heavier and I used to squeeze my calves into knee high boots, pushing them in and zipping the boots up!! Not nice.
Now I can get boots on with no problem and some are a bit loose.
I don't do much exercise (lazy) other than walk the dog so it was all losing weight which did it.

They're probably not as bad as you think they are! You're just focussing on that part of your body and I bet other folk don't give a second thought to your calves!

No they really are very chunky, they're totally out of proportion with the rest of my body. Hopefully when Im nearer target I'll see a difference.

I totally feel for you and will be watching this post with interest. My legs and calves are huge compared to the rest of my body, I struggle with jeans etc. My dream is to wear a pair of skinny type jeans with them inside long boots!!! At the moment even wide fitting wellingtons dont fit!

Helen x

My OH is a 'leg man and I always used to ask him why he was with me (I have more obvious assets but he doesn't like them!!!!) he's only seen me in a skirt once in over 3 years and I really hate my chunky legs so I'm glad to see they're finally slimming down!

I can't get welly's to fit either! I do have a pair of knee high boots from Evans who do wide calf fittings but I can't get them to stay up when I walk even though I can barely zip them up! :(

Another poster with big calves here! I have been like this since I was a teenager and I was a size 12
booooooooooo

Hey -

Ok, I have this worry too - I did a lot of gymnastics when younger so always had 'muscular' calves (read 'chunky'). So though I have not seen any loss of my calves as such...my legs look a lot better now - though they aren't far shy of being the same fricking width as my thighs (in parts) lol!!! Below is a pic of my in July - I was happy enough to wear shorts - which is not normal for me! I've lost a further 9 lbs since then so my legs look trimmer still. I think what I am saying is - depending on your tone to legs - you will see different results. But though my calves aren't smaller, my legs look slimmer overall. Pilates and yoga help too.

Hugs xxxx

Last edited:
I have definitely lost on my calves - my OH even remarked on it. This is good news, as here in France most boots were a real no-no for me as I couldn't do them up most of the time.

Mind you, minus three stones later I bought some boots and there was a skinny French girl trying the same ones and they were really baggy on her - and looked awful. She even said she wished she had calves like mine. Did I grin? You betcha :D

I have definitely lost on my calves - my OH even remarked on it. This is good news, as here in France most boots were a real no-no for me as I couldn't do them up most of the time.

Mind you, minus three stones later I bought some boots and there was a skinny French girl trying the same ones and they were really baggy on her - and looked awful. She even said she wished she had calves like mine. Did I grin? You betcha :D

What a great compliment!!! Woo! xx

I totally feel for you and will be watching this post with interest. My legs and calves are huge compared to the rest of my body, I struggle with jeans etc. My dream is to wear a pair of skinny type jeans with them inside long boots!!! At the moment even wide fitting wellingtons dont fit!

Helen x

Oh, I have the same dream - skinny jeans INSIDE long boots. Not only my legs are short but they are really chunky. I used to do lots of ice-skating and skiing so I will always have them muscly. When I was much slimmer and wore rather short skirs I used to have some blokes coming over and asking if I was doing some lifting (can you imagine shock on my face!!!)
I know I will never have them ultra-slim and I need to lose almost every ounce of fat from my body to finaly see any results in my legs. But though, we have to love what we have. What else can I add....
Some have been blessed with nice boobs and some have been blessed with nice leg. I can't have it all, can I? lol

I have ginormous legs. I can't even wear wellies without cutting off my circulation. I'm lucky in that I have ankles, but my calves are huge, as are my thighs. I've never had shapely legs in my whole life! Boo hooooo!!!!

Back