Slimming your calves

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by LisaC, 2 December 2009 Social URL.

1. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I know there are a lot of women who like me have chunky calves. I am a size 14 bottom & would target to be a 10/12 but dread the thought of slimming down & still not being able to wear short skirts/dresses as Im so paranoid about my calves. Is there anyone who has lost weight with SW & noticed a difference with the size of their calves in particular?

I know there aren't really any exercises to focus on that part of the body but slimming generally with SW, has it helped that area?

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Starting again!!

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(11.13%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yes, weight loss has definately improved my legs in total - my thighs have slimmed down loads and my calves are starting to get more definition (rid of those cankles - YAY!). I try to do a bit of Cross Trainer every day too though - and I think this is helping my flabby stomach! :D

4. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Yep, 3 stone heavier and I used to squeeze my calves into knee high boots, pushing them in and zipping the boots up!! Not nice.
    Now I can get boots on with no problem and some are a bit loose.
    I don't do much exercise (lazy) other than walk the dog so it was all losing weight which did it.

5. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    They're probably not as bad as you think they are! You're just focussing on that part of your body and I bet other folk don't give a second thought to your calves!

6. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    No they really are very chunky, they're totally out of proportion with the rest of my body. Hopefully when Im nearer target I'll see a difference.

7. suplizi

suplizi I see the light!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(35.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/maintaining
    I totally feel for you and will be watching this post with interest. My legs and calves are huge compared to the rest of my body, I struggle with jeans etc. My dream is to wear a pair of skinny type jeans with them inside long boots!!! At the moment even wide fitting wellingtons dont fit!

Helen x

8. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Starting again!!

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(11.13%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    My OH is a 'leg man and I always used to ask him why he was with me (I have more obvious assets but he doesn't like them!!!!) he's only seen me in a skirt once in over 3 years and I really hate my chunky legs so I'm glad to see they're finally slimming down!

I can't get welly's to fit either! I do have a pair of knee high boots from Evans who do wide calf fittings but I can't get them to stay up when I walk even though I can barely zip them up! :(

9. Hayleyj123

Hayleyj123 Wannabe Loser

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Another poster with big calves here! I have been like this since I was a teenager and I was a size 12
    booooooooooo

10. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

mine have shunk over a period of time from toning with davina

11. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hey -

Ok, I have this worry too - I did a lot of gymnastics when younger so always had 'muscular' calves (read 'chunky'). So though I have not seen any loss of my calves as such...my legs look a lot better now - though they aren't far shy of being the same fricking width as my thighs (in parts) lol!!! Below is a pic of my in July - I was happy enough to wear shorts - which is not normal for me! I've lost a further 9 lbs since then so my legs look trimmer still. I think what I am saying is - depending on your tone to legs - you will see different results. But though my calves aren't smaller, my legs look slimmer overall. Pilates and yoga help too.

[​IMG]

Hugs xxxx

Last edited: 2 December 2009
  12. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have definitely lost on my calves - my OH even remarked on it. This is good news, as here in France most boots were a real no-no for me as I couldn't do them up most of the time.

Mind you, minus three stones later I bought some boots and there was a skinny French girl trying the same ones and they were really baggy on her - and looked awful. She even said she wished she had calves like mine. Did I grin? You betcha :D

Sticky likes this.
  13. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What a great compliment!!! Woo! xx

14. MiniMimi2091

MiniMimi2091 running strictly on fat!

Start Weight:
    13st4.1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.1lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Step 2
    Oh, I have the same dream - skinny jeans INSIDE long boots. Not only my legs are short but they are really chunky. I used to do lots of ice-skating and skiing so I will always have them muscly. When I was much slimmer and wore rather short skirs I used to have some blokes coming over and asking if I was doing some lifting (can you imagine shock on my face!!!)
    I know I will never have them ultra-slim and I need to lose almost every ounce of fat from my body to finaly see any results in my legs. But though, we have to love what we have. What else can I add....
    Some have been blessed with nice boobs and some have been blessed with nice leg. I can't have it all, can I? lol

15. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have ginormous legs. I can't even wear wellies without cutting off my circulation. I'm lucky in that I have ankles, but my calves are huge, as are my thighs. I've never had shapely legs in my whole life! Boo hooooo!!!!

16. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Silver Member

Diet:
    SW-Red
    I got big thighs and calves all muscle .....all that rugby I recon

Phil x

17. MiniMimi2091

MiniMimi2091 running strictly on fat!

Start Weight:
    13st4.1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.1lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet Step 2
    Bet most of your male friend are jelous though xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.