Slow and Steady Wins The Race

Maybe mr LTL has one somewhere as he has used them before! Thanks for the tip!

Sorry - didn't pick that up the first time! Yes, just get hubby to log in to bulkpowders and click "refer a friend". You will BOTH get something out it that way - you the discount and him ££ off next order.

Bonus. Good thinking batman! :)

Its the Saturday before my 1st weigh in after my summer break. Had a goal to just maintain for the 5 weeks. Not quite sure I'll get there but I will be close I think. Today I weighed in ~179. The lowest I've been on SW is 177lbs so not far off. Will also be wearing non-Summer clothes to weigh-in so a heavier outfit bump will happen too. Just preparing myself!!

I think having the 5 week break was a fabulous thing. I am back with renewed invigoration and absolute determination to keep going. I've NEVER had this before. I lost over 120lbs nearly 20 years ago - that took me some time. Since then I've refused to diet for the most part as I never wanted to develop that unhealthy relationship with food - I was convinced that was how I ended so heavy to begin with. Other than my brief stint with Dukan (which served a great purpose), I avoid dieting.

Until now... I don't even think of SW as "dieting." Its so darn sensible and easy to follow and just so perfect for me. For the first time ever, I really truly believe that I will end up at my target weight. Which is exciting and scary at same time. The weight I am now is roughly the lowest I have ever weighed - I mean EVER. Like since I was 11 years old. To imagine going down another 20/25lbs is unfathomable. But so darn exciting. I'm convinced I'm going to do it as well which is another amazing feeling.

So, Monday is just the start of the next part of my journey. I will update my signature and goals after weigh-in. I have a first goal which is lose 10lbs over next 6 weeks. I'm logging back in MFP as I find that helps keep things in check (as does anything that makes you accountable - like SW!) I've already resumed my 4 hard workouts a week and even told my instructor she has permission to push me harder.

Watch this space (PLEASE!!!I need the encouragement). I think I'm going to be on here with a vengeance posting. It helps and keeps me straight.

Thanks for listening folks and have a fabulous rest of the weekend!

I've been tanking the fish. No pun intended.

I'm also trying to limit carbs. Bread in particular makes me so so bloated. :(

Two weeks in a row and SOTM as well. Bit embarrassing really:oops: haha. It will tail off but MFP makes a huge difference to just basic SW. I'm too greedy otherwise :eek:

I've done fish at least 1 meal a day since Tuesday. Sometimes two meals! I'm interested to see if it helps. I've already dropped the holiday gain :) :)

Wow! Right, that does it. Changing grocery delivery for tomorrow and making it very fish-heavy. Saw someone had poached smoked fish and had it with eggs so I think I'll make a batch of that to have with my egg-whites through the week. Dinners to vary. And then I'll just have chicken breast at lunch time (eat a small salad at work but usually have a piece of rollmop with it). Fingers crossed I get some similar results! :)

Today my menu was

Salmon and scrambled egg for breakfast

An edamame and green bean salad with a small tuna steak for lunch

Dinner was BBQ chicken breast with two bits of BBQ bacon, cauli mash and my home made Mayo free coleslaw. It was yum.

I'm not sure I am adventurous enough to do fish three times a day but 1-2 meals is do-able and I'm hoping to see good results. If I get a decent loss this week having already shed the holiday gain in 4 days I will be ecstatic. Let me know what you are having as I want some ideas otherwise it's all tuna and salmon!!

Forgot about tuna... doh. Good one - need to add that this week.

I'm making a SW Kedgeree tomorrow for tea (hubby's request). Will poach a bunch of the smoked haddock and then use in eggs through week for breakie. So with the following that will get me two fishy meals a day. I do love seafood, so it shouldn't really be too difficult. I usually make little mini burgers on Sundays to snack on thru the week (with chicken as well). Have decided to ditch them for the next couple of weeks as I need a good bump in weight loss to also reset from my holibobs.

Food plan so far is:
  • Tea for Monday is going to be tomato-based lentil and kale soup (quite thick though) with prawns. I make the lentil soup in the slow-cooker and use with all kinds of accompaniments... love it!
  • Tea on Wednesday (leftover Kedgeree Tuesday as out in pm) will be mince turkey and prawns, broccoli, lemongrass, coriander and soy with zero rice noodles (konjac).
  • Thursday (just decided - thanks Sam!) will be grilled tuna steaks and bak choy (I do love Asian cooking!)
  • Friday - Monkfish fillets wrapped in leaned parma ham and grilled on BBQ. Probably have a baked potato as well.
I do find planning to be key.

Weighed this afternoon in jeans and it was looking like I may get a 1.5lb gain for Monday if this holds. I still have 2 days though!!!;)

Feeling slightly hopeful this Sunday morning that I may actually be able to register STS tomorrow!!! Was down to 176.6lb this am (lowest SW to date). Amazeballs.

It does reinforce one thing I already know about SW. One must watch portion sizes! That's why I find logging into MFP so helpful. It's just not eating the right things cooked the right way. It's also making sure not to eat too much of it.

Good luck for tomorrow! How great to have had all that holiday and still maintain!! I'm impressed :) :)

MAJOR NSV today :)

Went to the gym to do some boxing. I've been doing classes mostly so haven't been in boxing area for a while. Saw one of the guys who also boxes and he commented that I looked "athletic!" Couldn't believe it. Said whatever I was doing was working. I gave SW full credit (and my HIIT exercises). He enquired about what we eat, etc. as he had heard good things about it.

Told him he probably won't recognise me by the end of the year.

Its the athleticism and fitness that makes this all worth it. The looking good bit can be superficial - but feeling good and strong is second to none!

I'd love someone to say that to me!!

Unfortunately with me, by "athletic" they would mean "shot putt"

:eek: ;)

Today is 1st weigh-in day and marks me officially back on Slimming World full on. Feeling VERY hopeful for weigh-in today and don't expect a gain or even a STS.

After a perfect weekend (no wine, 100% plan and loads of exercise) I am over the moon to report that I have logged my lowest EVER (like seriously EVER) Monday weight - 175.6lbs. I am so happy - far too happy for a Monday morning at the office!!! As I've been logging my weight for years, I did go back and check and even with illness I have never been this weight on a Monday. So so delighted.

Now I don't weigh until 7.30pm tonight - let's hope most of it sticks but to be honest, I'm not super-concerned. The 1st am weight is the most accurate and consistent and so I'm taking it. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That's problem with expectations... they rarely pan out the way you hope!! ;-)

So, the great news is that I am actually down from when I went on holiday - my goal was to stay the same at least.

The not so great news was that this morning's weight was 4.2lbs less than the morning's weight on the same day when holidays started yet there's only a difference of .5lbs at SW weigh-ins. Knew I should have let my lunch digest!! ;-) I also put on my "winter weighing outfit." Okay, that's all my excuses out.

Expecting a big bump next week! Off to update signature and make me some new goals!! :)

Hey Jess,

Just coming for a follow - I love your exercise motivation - hoping that I can get some of that back too!

Flic. xx

Back