Slow and Steady Wins The Race

Happy Friday all. Just a quick check-in as I haven't been updating much recently. Many (life) reasons for this - not too many related to SW. All in all, still singing its praises! Love a plan that allows life to continue (family, social engagements, work, etc.)

Speaking of family - we are now eating SW recipes all together at least half of the week. Hubby is being very supportive in that space.

Weight loss has not really progressed much since my massive 8 1/2lb loss nearly 3 weeks ago. That is to be expected I'd say. Loss .5lb the next week and didn't weigh this week (I was very bloated and up in weight for non-food/drink reasons and didn't want to discourage myself with an unreal fluctuation). I'm better today and suspect I may just get a STS at Monday's weigh-in and then hopefully smash it again - that tends to be how I lose... slow slow slow and then all of a sudden (hopefully) a 5lb drop! Watch this space for Monday, 20 June :cool:.

So, while I may sound extremely motivated and positive, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some discouraging thoughts. I have had a few fleeting thoughts of "well, I've been perfectly on plan for 2 weeks and nothing, so will a glass of wine really make a huge difference??" I can appreciate that is dangerous thinking and why I thought it would be good for me to get back on here for the support element. I go to Vegas in less than 4 weeks and I really really want to be at least 1/2 stone less than this morning's weight.

Planning an Extra Easy SP week starting Sunday - any one with any tips? There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on it!

Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow!

I have the same thought process sometimes when my weight loss slows, "ah one glass of wine wont hurt may aswell" - I seek comfort in food too but that is the reason I'm here in the first place heh vicious cycle!
Slow and steady definitely wins the race, and those that lose slowly tend to keep it off forever. You're so motivated, you'll definitely reach your goals!
Tis a marathon, not a sprint :)

Thanks @rosiemaria! Encouraged this morning that the scale was same low weight as yesterday (that's 18lbs less than my heaviest in April so must keep that in mind next time I over-analyse my progress!!)

Had decided last week to give the workouts a break and supplement with walking instead, but after only doing this for 4 days, I'm going a bit batty. Will go back to HIIT training at least for a couple times this week - just not the 4 gym sessions I do normally as I think it may skew the scales.

Have a great week all!

You're very welcome! and well done!

I think it's great that you have the workout bug, can you pass it to me? Haha!

Countdown to Vegas is officially on!! Can't think of much else these days... Would love to drop a few lbs over next 10 days but I seem to have completely halted. Scale hardly moving at all these days. I suspect it will kick off again after hols when there's a jolt (i.e. loads of wine while in Vegas!) At least that's what I'm hoping.

Hubby and daughter were out this evening so tried out a new homemade recipe - syn-free Asparagus and Prawn risotto. Very nice and very filling. Needed to use up some asparagus and broccoli stem so made a soup through the week. Used that as the base for the risotto. Was VERY surprised at the calories though for risotto - fortunately weighed out 75g (which didn't seem like a lot) and that was nearly 300 calories.
View media item 4761

Also prepped some breakie meals for the week. I make nearly the same thing every morning (egg whites with veggies) though faff about with the veg in particular. Needed to be more efficient as I'm rushing about so came up with the following and I think this will make life a lot easier. Plus snuck a taste of one and they are yummy. Could eat FOUR(!!) over morning and only put away 100 calories. Should come in especially handy on my HIIT mornings...View media item 4762

Oh, had a GREAT NSV this week too. Had done a body composition test in January as thought I'd be getting fit then. I didn't (and in fact gained 5lbs more before finally finding SW).

It was a very comprehensive skin fold test and had the opportunity to do again this week. Changes were amazing!! Everything went down (except calves/thighs because of bloat). The guy doing the measurements remarked at how impressed he was with results (thank you HIIT!)

The best bit was that even though I'm 179lbs, I was 31.8% fat (vs. muscle). 31% is NORMAL for a woman. Couldn't believe it.

His advice was to lose ~20lbs more and he suspects I will be in a very ideal weight range especially if I keep up the exercise :)

Hi Jess,

I read your post and really sympathised with you. I lost over 2 stone on the dukan about 2.5 years ago but have recently seen my weight start to creep up again so I have been trying SW. I wasn't sure I could face the Dukan again - it was such a harsh diet!

I am also slow to lose weight - so weeks only losing 0.2 Kg for instance but I really think slow and steady is a healthier way to lose weight - hopefully with more chance to keep it off. Randomly this week I have managed to lose 1.2 kg - no idea how or why as I have been eating the same things as past weeks.

I have always been quite a healthy eater and exercise frequently but wine is my downfall! I love a tipple.

Keep going - you are doing a great job.

Thanks so much @Winzig and sorry for the late reply! Just back on after my Vegas trip (which was FAB-U-LOUS btw ;-)

Came back expecting a gain but amazed that I was STS and then actually registered a .5lb loss at weigh-in today. Seriously dumbfounded - drank loads and ate totally off-plan. Maybe body just playing catch up... or its just me being relaxed and not stressing over every bite and weigh. I'll take it though :)

Away again this Friday so we'll see. Aim is just to maintain from 2 weeks ago weight until 15 August. Off to a great start. Loving Slimming World for real!

Now this may seem a silly question so stop me if so....too late.....can you make the veggie breakfast bites with "normal" egg white? So just remove the yolks? Do you bake them as they look like muffins :)
Finally do you think they would freeze?

Yes Sam they do freeze after u make them. I make loads & pop them in plastic freezer bags.

I buy straight egg whites as well - bulkpowder.com has them by the 500ml & litre bottle. I go thru them like crazy as I eat egg white for breakfast every day. Will dig out £5 off code when back home if ur interested in trying them out.

Thanks I may just do that! I nicked a bit of your idea and blended it with one of mine and made baked carrot cake oats but using one egg and two egg whites. I'm more conscious of kcal these days and the amount of fat in egg yolk due to using MFP as well as SW.

Funny I saw that not an hour ago. My thoughts were "15 egg whites for three squid? I can get whole eggs for that and just separate"

Maybe bulk powders works out better value. I know me LTL uses them for protein powders and really rates them :)

Funny I saw that not an hour ago. My thoughts were "15 egg whites for three squid? I can get whole eggs for that and just separate"

Maybe bulk powders works out better value. I know me LTL uses them for protein powders and really rates them :)

And you still have the yolks to use for something.:)

Hi Sam, yes Bulk Powders is cheaper. £4.99 per litre (32 egg whites) or £22/6 bottles. I buy free range by the 1/2 dozen (and usually get a dozen at a time as they have a very long shelf life). The bottles also can be kept a room temperature and because we are cooking them, as long as they're refrigerated after opening they're usually good for a long while (the bottle says 3 days after opening but that's because they are sold for drinking - yuck!)

They also ALWAYS have promotions. I can send you a 25% code off but would need your email address as it comes from them (you can PM me if you want). Otherwise, like I said - they always have a promotion on so sure you can find a discount for it once you get set up.

Good luck.

That is cheaper :) I'll take a look. We can't pm any more on here so I'll have to forgo the voucher but thank you very much! Maybe mr LTL has one somewhere as he has used them before! Thanks for the tip!

Back