SLOW COOKER QUESTION

Bump?

No liquid needed just rest it on top of a couple of carrots or some scrunched up silver foil balls to stop it sticking to the bottom.:D

I filled mine this morning with Extra lean mince and onions (browned) whole mushrooms, some carrots broccoli and sprouts plus a tin of toms and some herbs. By the time i get home from work with two starving children it'll be delicious.

mmmmm, cant wait.

I'm going to have to get one too! do they still have good ones in Tesco? x

I love my slow cooker - couldnt live without it

Me too! I have a whole chicken in there now - I just add salt and pepper and nothing else, leave it in for 6 hours and thats it......just falls off the bone every time. :)

hi i made an pork mince apple and veg yesterday but didn't know how to thicken it with out making it too high in syns and advise would be gr8 cheers

Sounds odd, but a little instant potato is great for thickening soups and stews :)
Mind and syn your cooked apple.
Enjoy :D

Im off out to buy a slow cooker today, I'm a hopeless cook so this sounds right up my street :)

Good time of year to buy one then you can have some stews when the cooler weather creaps in.
Had ours years and use it loads, Mainly for beef/chicken stews

Yes, I do. It only uses the same energy as a light bulb, so not as dangerous as most electrical appliances, and it is what they're designed for after all.

I did do a couple of weekend test runs first though, just in case it was faulty.

I have one of those energysmart monitors that show how much energy each appliance uses. The slow cooker barely registers. now boiling the kettle that is a different matter - monitor goes off the scale for that!

I leave mine on all day - it's great coming home to the smell of freshly cooked food - just like if you've had someone slaving away while you've been at work! And it's great to have food immediately available - stops me picking before supper!

I am trying to adapt a recipe for the slow cooker that uses coconut milk.

I want to try skimmed milk and coconut essence instead so only a hexa. I'm not sure how the milk would be in a slow cooker for 8 hours. Has anybody made a slow cooker recipe that uses milk? :) Oh as I'm typing I think rice pudding works in a slow cooker hehe, answered my own question!!:8855:

I use my slow cooker a few times a week and it is def a great way to cook a meal. It is economical and just less hassle for me to cook when kids are at school, rather than when they get home. Roast chicken is great and falls of the bone. You can use cheap cuts of meat for stews and becomes so tender and tasty. Would def recommend to anyone x

Had my slow cooker about 6 weeks now and used it for the first time last night to make some vegetable soup. I threw a whole heap of vegetables in, seasoning and water, left it overnight and voila!

This morning the kitchen smelled divine and I felt like I wanted some for breakfast. I noticed my husband had snook a taste too...(he left the spoon on the side! :sigh:)

Just having some now for lunch....hmmm...

I've been looking at all the slow cooker recipes on here and I will surely try some out before long. :p

Back