Slow Cooker size

Tinytootz

Mini crazy cat lady
Me again with ANOTHER slow cooker question - hope I am in the right bit though!

Am wanting to do a stew for 5 people. The usual kind - beef chunks, carrots, onions, leeks, oxo etc, and was wanting to put some dumplings on top and finish it off in the oven. Now, I've only ever really used it for 2 people, half full, which usually leaves a little bit of leftovers. Do you think a 3.5l one will be big enough for 5? Or at least, do you think it would be big enough to do the stew in, if I then transferred it to another larger dish for the finishing off in the oven. I usually do a roast when I have the family round, but I fancied something which I could do in the morning, then let it get on with it, whilst I got on with other stuff!

Thanks very muchness for any help :) x

Oh, and I have done a google search, but it was coming up with at least 5qt for 5 people, which is way over 5 litres, and seems a little bit big! Was after more of a personal "I have X and it does X people" than what google tells me, as it sometimes tells lies :D

We have a 3.5l and for two of us, I can easily fit 2 large packs of meat plus carrots, onions, mushrooms, stock and jar/carton of passata, it makes more than enough for 5 hun, I've fed 4 big portions of chilli and still had some left over. I regularly fill it and make enough for 2 big portions plus 3-4 freezable portions, when making casserole in the slow cooker I save the left over juices with bits of meat and veg and have is as an oxtail type soup or use it as gravy.

Hope this helps

X

Back