Slow cookers

ChubLock

Silver Member
Seeing as there is a thread knocking about re: Acti-fry I thought I'd see if anyone on WW (particularly ProPoints) uses a slow cooker to make their recipes.

If so, I'd love to share some recipe ideas and tips :)

I rarely drag mine out but would also love to try more recipes especially if I can just chuck everything in and leave it on while I go to work!

I use mine nearly everyday! I actually tried to find a load of low point or WW recipes to use in it at first but then just pointed up a few of my regular recipes on the recipe builder and it was surprising how reasonable they were.

A lot of the meals I make have passata as a base with loads of veg, seasoning and whatever meat I fancy. Most of it ends up being 0 PPts and I just have to point up the meat. Right now I have a huge batch of meat free meatballs and sauce in there for 4ppts!

That's such a good idea. Meat free meatballs sound yummy :) do you leave it all day or just a few hours? I fancy doing it but worry they'll disintegrate!

Hmmm meatballs sounds a good idea. Is that recipe your own or from the WW site? Anything I make in my slow cooker tends to come out really bland and watery :sigh:

i'm going to make a spag bol in mine tomorrow with passata, tinned tomatoes. herbs. onions garlic grated carrot,celery and quorn,,cant wait:)

The carrots really add something to pasta sauce, IMHO!

I make applesauce in my slow cooker, with excellent results. I don't even bother peeling the apples because my Ninja blender makes short work of the peels, and then I don't lose the pectin, which gives it so much body. Also, I make my chicken stock in the slow cooker. I freeze it in ziploc bags and it's always ready to add to soups, etc.

Back