Slow cookers

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by ChubLock, 19 January 2011 Social URL.

1. ChubLock

ChubLock Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.44%)
    Diet:
    SW/5:2
    Seeing as there is a thread knocking about re: Acti-fry I thought I'd see if anyone on WW (particularly ProPoints) uses a slow cooker to make their recipes.

If so, I'd love to share some recipe ideas and tips :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Seons

Seons Full Member

I rarely drag mine out but would also love to try more recipes especially if I can just chuck everything in and leave it on while I go to work!

4. ~Lucky~

~Lucky~ Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I use mine nearly everyday! I actually tried to find a load of low point or WW recipes to use in it at first but then just pointed up a few of my regular recipes on the recipe builder and it was surprising how reasonable they were.

A lot of the meals I make have passata as a base with loads of veg, seasoning and whatever meat I fancy. Most of it ends up being 0 PPts and I just have to point up the meat. Right now I have a huge batch of meat free meatballs and sauce in there for 4ppts!

5. Smurfygirl

Smurfygirl Full Member

That's such a good idea. Meat free meatballs sound yummy :) do you leave it all day or just a few hours? I fancy doing it but worry they'll disintegrate!

6. SallyCinnamonBun

SallyCinnamonBun Member

Start Weight:
    11st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    Hmmm meatballs sounds a good idea. Is that recipe your own or from the WW site? Anything I make in my slow cooker tends to come out really bland and watery :sigh:

7. yummymummy75

yummymummy75 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st13lb(15.43%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    weight watchers pro points
    i'm going to make a spag bol in mine tomorrow with passata, tinned tomatoes. herbs. onions garlic grated carrot,celery and quorn,,cant wait:)

8. Tracer

Tracer Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0.5lb(25.86%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Mmmmmmm that sounds lovely, I might do that in mine and add mushrooms and peppers.....grated carrots a brill idea x

9. Rachel217

Rachel217 Silver-Haired Hottie

The carrots really add something to pasta sauce, IMHO!

I make applesauce in my slow cooker, with excellent results. I don't even bother peeling the apples because my Ninja blender makes short work of the peels, and then I don't lose the pectin, which gives it so much body. Also, I make my chicken stock in the slow cooker. I freeze it in ziploc bags and it's always ready to add to soups, etc.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.