Slow cookers

In a rush this morning.

Just boiled 2 chicken fillets, popped 400g of Uncle Ben's Light Sweet & Sour Sauce in the SC, diced up the cooked chicken fillets and bung into the sauce in the slow cooker & will cook on high for 45 minutes. Grand total of 5pp per serving (serves 2 people). Yum.

If adding rice dont forget to add PP for rice.

I made this tonight for just myself, had a craving for something spicy.

Propoints value.. 6
Difficulty Level, Easy

30g Patak's Korma Paste
1 chicken fillet
100g Potato
also added carrot, onion & half a red pepper.

Dice chicken & mix with Korma Paste

I cooked all this in slow cooker, add 100 ml water and add chicken & veg & potato, cook on medium for 2.5 hours in slow cooker.

Oh god, this sounds good!

I am so glad I found this thread - our SC has been gathering dust because we only ever make casseroles in it and I was getting bored stupid with them. I feel inspired now :D

Never though about doing a whole chicken in the slow cooker, do you add stock or anything?

No, just whop it in !! I do put some scrunched up balls of foil in the bottom so that the chicken doesnt sit in any fat that runs out, but that all. Comes out so tender it just slides off the bone !!

No, just whop it in !! I do put some scrunched up balls of foil in the bottom so that the chicken doesnt sit in any fat that runs out, but that all. Comes out so tender it just slides off the bone !!

Thanks for that tip, I stopped cooking chickens in the SC because they ended up swimming in their own fat. Now I have a solution! :)

Back