Slow losses-is it just me?......

samsmum1

Silver Member
Hi All! I re-joined WW last week after reaching my highest ever non-pregnant weight,but now i,ve just remembered why I gave up before-i,m starving! I.m on only one propoint higher than the minimum and there,s no way I can stay this hungry for the next three stone!!
BUT although I love SW my losses were always painfully slow (half a pound a week) so the decision is -hungry and lose quicker or not hungry but take ,til next Christmas to get to target! Hmmmm
Sal x:confused:

Personally I'd go with sw as although your losses may be slower if your enjoying it and not hungry your more likely to keep it up and stick with it until you get to target and more importantly you're more likely to maintain that target weight as well.

I have slow losses as well but I got to target from Easter to Christmas last year loosing 2 and a bit stone. Every little loss adds up.

The thing is, it's highly unlikely that you'll want to spend the rest of your life being hungry. Whilst it's nice to see the weight coming off fast you have to think of the long term effects. Following SW to get to goal teaches you the SW way of life, it gets you to become familiar with syn values and will allow you to learn what meals are syn free/syn heavy and what you like and don't like.
Whatever you decide, good luck :)

Thanks for your quick replies! I know you,re both right.It,s just hard when my friend who,s four stones heavier than me gets loads of propoints and seems to be eating all the time loses 3-4 pounds a week while I,m hungry and only have enough for a tiny jacket potato and a couple of spoons of beans! Lol!

I've tried a few diets and SW is the best for me.
this time around I have learnt to control my portion sizes and also control my free foods, instead of eating just free foods as snacks I now have loads of superfree instead.
in 3 weeks I've lost 3.5lbs which I'm happier with as last time I did SW I kept losing only 0.5lbs or stayed the same.

WW was just a bore for me, got sick of pointing everything and being starving after using all my points by lunch time. Lol. xxx

I know exactly how you feel as I am in the same boat. Slow and steady or fast but hungry. I have gone with SW this time round and have managed to lose slowly (getting to grips with the plan) but I don't honestly feel like I am on a diet and the big one for me is that I am NEVER hungry. When I did WW I was so hungry I gave up after 3 weeks. Plus I got so tired of weighing everything- now if I make a veggie chilli I can have a filling portion without weighing each thing separately then pointing the whole recipe. Having said that maybe with WW it is just a method to find super free that is filling for you- I ate a lot of bananas!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know exactly how you feel as I am in the same boat. Slow and steady or fast but hungry. I have gone with SW this time round and have managed to lose slowly (getting to grips with the plan) but I don't honestly feel like I am on a diet and the big one for me is that I am NEVER hungry. When I did WW I was so hungry I gave up after 3 weeks. Plus I got so tired of weighing everything- now if I make a veggie chilli I can have a filling portion without weighing each thing separately then pointing the whole recipe. Having said that maybe with WW it is just a method to find super free that is filling for you- I ate a lot of bananas!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
I love it-Bananas! lol!
Sal x

I've tried a few diets and SW is the best for me.
this time around I have learnt to control my portion sizes and also control my free foods, instead of eating just free foods as snacks I now have loads of superfree instead.
in 3 weeks I've lost 3.5lbs which I'm happier with as last time I did SW I kept losing only 0.5lbs or stayed the same.

WW was just a bore for me, got sick of pointing everything and being starving after using all my points by lunch time. Lol. xxx
Exactly-before I had mY son I stuck to WW and lost the weight but was so hungry I had to go to bed at 9,30 cos i was starving-(admittedly it was on the old ww plan when fruit and veg had to be pointed).However now I work 7-11pm so its not an option !Decision decisions!!
Sal x

Back