Slowly reintroducing food, stage 2 of my weight loss battle

jfc

Silver Member
Ive lost 3 stone and a bit following CD (Sole Source) I now feel the need to introduce food, but in a measured way so I continue to lose. I am choosing to have a CD Shake in the morning for breakfast and then a very low carb lunch. Today I had chicken, cucumber, tomato, onion and peppers. Not sure of the calories but I beleive it to be 300 ish, We have a mobile catering van at lunchtime and you choose what items you want in your salad. I asked for chicken with salad, said no to mayo and sweetcorn. Although someone pointed out that tomato and peppers have carbs too. Surely a plain chicken salad wont damage my weight loss, I cant have shakes for the rest of my life and wanted to absorb a balance of nurtrients and vitamins through fresh veg. (also I do suffer with constipation so this may help with this too)

Tonight I will have a bar or a shake, which is 200 cal, I also allow myself semi skimmed milk in my tea and coffee, just a dash, but I have done that through the sole source period too and still lost a stone a month.

My main fear is introducing food will also introduce hunger again and I will lose control. I realise though I need to be able to eat real food and stay slim/lose weight if I am going to have a normal life.

I have just eaten my salad and feel like i have eaten a massive christmas lunch ( my tummy is not accustomed to this full feeling) So I am hopeful if I fill up on low carb healthy food I will manage to keep my naughty demons in check (they tell me I need cake and chocolate but have been absent for a while !)

Occassionally I may have scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast (no toast) and then have a shake at lunch time instead, I am going to concentrate on having mainly protein, no carbs like potato, pasta, rice or bread. But allow myself veg and eventually fruit.

Wish me luck on my next weeks weigh in as it may be impacted by adding a meal a day, I hope not though as its still 600-800 cal a day

just checked using the carb checker and realise I have eaten 4g carbs max with my salad and atkins allows 20g carbs a day so thats something

of course that depends on how they cooked the chicken, it was salty and very tasty so wonder if they fried it or covered it in some nice tasty carb loaded oil

me slimmer.jpg

me now having lost 3 stone, but need to lost another 1-2 to get rid of my tummy, but I am wary of losing too much on my legs and face

its weird, I saw my sister for the first time since June. I was nearly 14 stone when she last saw me and I am now under 11, we went for a cup of tea and I said "no cake for me I am being good" - she looked at me and said "oh have you lost weight"...I said yes, and she said, I would never notice but then I never saw you as fat either, your just Jenny, rather sweet really

yes I do feel good, I was a size 24 (due to my middle weight and boobs) I can now fit a 12 and hope to be a 10 by christmas

I am so upset this morning, ive gained a pound! despite eating no more than 600-800 cals a day and walking over 15k steps....how did that happen, I got on and off the scales this morning and have decided I am not eating anything at all until that pound removes itself so cross :(

I am so upset this morning, ive gained a pound! despite eating no more than 600-800 cals a day and walking over 15k steps....how did that happen, I got on and off the scales this morning and have decided I am not eating anything at all until that pound removes itself so cross :(

Ah don't be upset hun.
600 - 800 a day is really low. Could it be that your body has gone into starvation mode? You could be holding onto your fat. I'd try upping the calories a bit and see if that helps.

Hi Little Miss, thanks for replying. Its low as I am on the Cambridge diet, add a meal week so its meant to be that low and says you avoid starvation mode as you go into ketosis, I guess I am just so close to my holiday (4 weeks) and I want my tummy to look less blob like in my clothes..I can fit size 12 but I am size 12 with a Christmas pudding where my tum is meant to be... :( x

Hi Little Miss, thanks for replying. Its low as I am on the Cambridge diet, add a meal week so its meant to be that low and says you avoid starvation mode as you go into ketosis, I guess I am just so close to my holiday (4 weeks) and I want my tummy to look less blob like in my clothes..I can fit size 12 but I am size 12 with a Christmas pudding where my tum is meant to be... :( x

Ah I see. I didn't realise. I thought you were doing normal calorie counting now.
Don't be too hard on yourself, just remember how much you've already lost and how amazing you already feel!

Reactions: jfc
I put 1.5 lbs last week was so upset and annoyed was almost going to go into self sabotage mode but decided to review what I had been doing and have ethrown at it this week, if I do not lose on my next WI you will here me screaming from where you are!!! I am so sorry I know how deflating and disappointing it is, unfortunately our bodies are complicated and sometimes we gain and have no idea why. Chin up and keep doing what you are doing :D:D:D

Reactions: jfc
put 1.5 lbs last week was so upset and annoyed was almost going to go into self sabotage mode but decided to review what I had been doing and have ethrown at it this week, if I do not lose on my next WI you will here me screaming from where you are!!! I am so sorry I know how deflating and disappointing it is, unfortunately our bodies are complicated and sometimes we gain and have no idea why. Chin up and keep doing what you are doing :D:D:D

Its hard isn't it, fingers crossed we get the results we want next week xx

Weight loss is still continuing I am pleased to announce. I had some wine last night as I read your body sometimes suffers the whoosh effect and one way to release the water accumulating in your fat cells is to have alcohol, the other way is to eat a high carb meal, I found the high carb meal idea to be too scary as I know it was my love of carbs that got me fat in the first place and having weaned myself off of bread, potatoes, pasta and rice I didn't want to get hooked again. Lost a pound and back on track. I am going to have wine on Fridays as a treat and kick start mechanism, a little controversial but it seems to work so unless it goes the other way I am going to continue.

Today I had porridge and coffee for breakfast, and tomato soup (has to be Heinz) and a sprinkle of cheese for lunch. Dinner will be chicken breast, veg and mint sauce. I am going on holiday (all inclusive to Tenerife) on 11th December and plan to have either yoghurt and fruit or museli for breakfast (maybe egg and sausage) but avoid toast. Salad with chicken for lunch and a hot version for dinner without the carbs. I will allow myself wine and the odd cocktail but try and limit any gain to a minimum and get back on track for the last week before Christmas

Back