Small girl with a big loss required! Who's with me!?

Hi everyone!

I'm relatively new as a member but have been looking around the forum for a number of weeks now and finally plucked up the courage to join, as I've never been on a website so full of support and felt I had to grab a slice of the action!

I'm 5'1 and my weight has reached it's highest ever at the moment, 13 stone, which as a short person, well I don't carry it very well let's just say! I changed jobs, lost my mother and got a mortgage with my OH all in the last 12 months so everything was so hectic and my health and fitness stopped being a priority.

I've been dieting since I was around 13 :sigh2: and successfully lost 3.5 stone doing WW however I was absolutely miserable, the app used a lot of my data (boo hiss!) and I got so SICK of counting everything! I've also tried Atkins, which worked well for my friend who hates bread, pasta and potatoes. I, on the other hand, feel I should have been born a potato I love carbs that much so after 4 miserable weeks I gave up. I've tried calorie counting, fasting, juice diets, smoothie diets etc etc.

Recently someone in my work was telling me they are doing Slimming World and described it as "The Greedy Girls Diet" and when she explained how much she eats daily, though all healthy, I was astounded because the weight has been dropping off her like crazy. I didn't believe her at first as I've always felt I have to restrict in order to lose but after reading all about Slimming World, both on here and on the website, I've found that it may actually be the perfect lifestyle change that I've been after!

I am going it alone as such as due to work and my lack of driving ability I joined online as going to a meeting would be quite inconvenient for me and I would end up having to go to four different groups a month. Silly shift patterns!

I'm hoping I'm not alone here, I know there'll be people that want to lose more than me, and those that only want to lose a little, but everyone will get the same amount of support from me :)

Been a busy day so far so lunch was rushed, however I'm grabbing a minute now!

Breakfast:
2 Weetabix & 250ml semi skimmed milk (hexa and hexb)

Lunch: Mugshot (tomato & herb) one apple & danone shape 0% fat yog.

Dinner: oooooooooh not decided yet!

Syns:
Options belgium choc 2 syns

Last edited:
Hi there

Just dropping by to wish you good luck on your journey.

I'm following SW from home and yep it works :)

Tracy x

Hi Tracy!

Thanks! I just haven't the time to get to a group so I'm glad there's people like yourself that are clearly doing so well! Really motivates me! x

Ended up going to a baby shower this evening! Was behaved though, had salad and chicken from the buffet (full of pork pies, pizza and sandwiches!) so used the rest of my syns for a few glasses of white wine! Lovely to see one of my closest friends 5 weeks away from having a baby boy so definitely worth the syns with the wine!

Well done for resisting all the calorific (but yummy) buffet food.

I'm a total savoury girl, a huge buffet is my idea of heaven

Tracy x

Hi Tracy! Hope you've had a good day.

Absolutely! I'm such a savoury person crisps have always been my down fall. Was lovely having a few glasses of vino though!

Breakfast today was 2x weetabix (hexb) 250ml SS milk (hexa) and an apple.

Lunch:
Forgot my lunch! So had some lettuce, cucumber and tomato salad with 2 hifi bars. Could have been a hexb but didn't do SP so 6 syns.

Orange as a snack.

Dinner: Turkey steak with a large salad.

Also had a shape yogurt for a snack and two more hifi bars, far too addictive.

Didn't sleep too well so was a rushed day today, prepped meals for tomorrow so will hopefully be a better day food wise as felt a little hungry today.

So today in work today there was a Valentine's Day buffet (what is with buffets this week for me?!) and again I resisted! So hard as everyone brought in all of my favourite savoury things but my close friend who is aware I'm on SW brought a punnet of grapes for me which we shared bless her.

Breakfast:
2x weetabix win SS milk (hexb and hexa) with an apple. I'm so boring for breakfast hehe.

Lunch:
tomato and herb mugshot with a side salad.

Dinner:
Slimming world Bolognese with a big salad.

Snacks:
2x hifi bars (6 syns)
Orange
Danone shape 0% fat yog
Options Belgian hot chocolate (2 syns)

My food directory 2015 has come today too so I'll be getting my nose stuck in that whilst I enjoy my hot chocolate!

weight day tomorrow! eek hoping for at least a pound loss. I'm a slow loser but anything is something!

Good luck for you weigh in tomorrow. I've just eaten my supper, two finn crisps and a babybel light and it was yummy

Tracy x

Good day today! -2lb loss in my first week happy days!

Breakfast:
2x weetabix and SS milk hexa and hexb with a banana

Lunch:
Mugshot with an apple and hifi bar (3 syns)

Dinner:
Chicken and vegetable stir fry with smokey BBQ sauce (from a jar as I was being lazy! 2.5syns)

Snacks:
Orange
Danone shape yogurt

Draining day today, some days in work fly by and today was just not one of them! Think I need to spice up my food, this week of latex and working in an office makes it hard for ideas. I think I'll be looking at the recipe pages for inspiration.
Breakfast
Weetabix and SS milk and banana

Lunch:
Pasta and sauce and applle

Tea:
left over stir fry

snacks:
orange, hifi bar, coke zero, NAS squash, 5 pieces of small flapjack

Think I'll retreat to bed, anyone reading?:(

Well done Stacey on your first week's weigh in :) Many more great ones to come I hope x

Back