smart points

[If you already had your WW weigh-in this week then you’ve already started the new Weight Watchers SmartPoints program, but for those of you yet to weigh in, you’ll be switched to the new program on your weigh-in day. Upon the change you’ll notice that you’re no longer tracking PointsPlus, but SmartPoints. Weight Watchers SmartPoints are calculated using calories, saturated fat, sugar and protein, and you’ll see that saturated fat and sugar make the SPs go up, while protein can make them go down. The result is that many lean proteins went down in points while you will likely notice that foods high in sugar or saturated fat will be higher in SmartPoints than you were used to on PointsPlus. The purpose of these changes is to steer WW members toward making healthier choices with their daily and weekly points.

Speaking of daily and weekly points, your allowance may be different on SmartPoints. The lowest daily points allowance anyone receives is now 30 SPs, so if you were at less than that on PP, your daily points will go up. If your daily points allowance was higher than 30 then it may have changed or stayed the same. The other difference is that your weekly points allowance is now customized based on several factors such as age, gender, height, weight and goal. Rather than everyone receiving 49 weekly points like on PointsPlus, on SmartPoints you could receive 42, 35, 28 or other multiples of 7 (so that you can easily divide them across the days of the week if you choose).]
source: http://www.emilybites.com/2015/12/new-weight-watchers-smartpoints-program.html

It would probably be worth your while if you can to go to at least one class to get the books and find out your Smart Points.

Hi, I was intending to carry on with pro points but looks as if I'm a dying breed, ha, ha. What is the opinion, should I carry on or change to smart points ? I'm a veggie and I understand that it isn't so user friendly for someone that doesn't eat meat.x

Hi, I was intending to carry on with pro points but looks as if I'm a dying breed, ha, ha. What is the opinion, should I carry on or change to smart points ? I'm a veggie and I understand that it isn't so user friendly for someone that doesn't eat meat.x
I find SP a lot better than pp as the points for sugary things ( ie choc which is my weakness!) have gone so high they're not worth it- while filling stuff like chicken and prawns have dropped - so the plan shoves you into eating healthier stuff! I don't know if you can have prawns , but all protein is really low - I think you will struggle to get support on propoints if like me you swapped all your pp stuff( calculator/ shopping guide) etc for SP ones! Good luck with whatever you decide to do! x

Back