Smash Potato based Pizza.....

"cat amongst pidgeons" - my class consultant made a comment today 'if you use something in a way other then it was intended you have to syn it' she was talking about using smash to thicken gravy to make it syn free so I dont know if this would apply to the pizza base too, however the girl who uses smash for her gravy has lost 3stone in 6 months! so I would think if it aint broke dont fix it as she has been using it since the start of her journey with sw. Has anyone elses consultant said this ??

Oh no! I don't agree with it on this occassion (I don't do the cous cous cake for this reason) - SW produced a full page recipe in one of their mags ages ago with a potato based margarita pizza.

This whole debate always rears it's head with regards to the cous cous cake/pasta crisps etc etc but a bit of smash to thicken gravy, nope, not heard this one!!

Yep- remember the recipe in the SW mag, so if it's good enough for them.................

i love my smash pizzas but a nice alternative is to use wholemeal pitta bread and just pretend that way your still getting your stodgy bread fix i substitute for a heb and add 2 syns there my hangover snack with home fries mmmmmm home fries lol

Hiya! You do know that pitta bread, even wholemeal, doesn't count as a HEX?

Last edited:
Hi ladies well i made this for my tea tonight and it was really yummy!! It was crispy on the outside but still quite soft in the middle! I think next time i make it i would cook the base for a bit longer but i have to say i was very impressed! Even the other half liked it!!

Winner in my house!!

Back