smoothies

Rachel57

Am i right in thinking that if u blend fruit to make a smoothie then it will not be a free food as the sugar changes when blended ? Would i need to use points for this ?
Thanks

Naw it will still be 0pp.

I'm pretty sure it is pointed actually.... I couldn't tell you how many points though.

it's 0points as long as your using sugar free juice or something like that with it:)

when i did swimming world as you know all fruit and veg are free foods but once fruit was cooked or purred it had a syn value as the sugar change's in it .i love smoothies as well :)

Home made fresh or tinned drained of juices pureed fruit or stewed fruit is 0 pp on the ww plan xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Rednicola said:
Home made fresh or tinned drained of juices pureed fruit or stewed fruit is 0 pp on the ww plan xxx

thanks hun just had a look in my book and yes that's right .... yummy ! x

No problem x

that's one thing i love with WW over SW is that you can have tinned fruit and cooked fruit and puréed fruit without having to count it !
from what i've read on WW you only have to count it if you just juice the fruit and drink that ! ... e.g orange or apple as you are not actually having the flesh of the fruit too like you have with smoothies !

xxx

Yeah i agree but I've just thought if i were to make a smoothie it would take me a whole minute or so to drink it whereas if i were to eat the banana apple etc seperately it would take me longer to eat therefore more filling and for longer . On the other hand its a quick breakfast x

Rachel57- thats all very well thought through but u could have the best of both and have smoothie with couple of fruits in it in morn and then couple of pieces throughout day. But as regards the juice... what would be the best to use (i.e. least sugar??? )

I tend to only have smoothies as a quick breakfast if i don't have time for cereal etc . I dont use any juice in my smoothie at all , i sometimes add a muller yogurt or fromage frais or even quicker just skimmed milk .

Oh! I stand corrected! For all this time I've been doing WW (over a year) I've not had a smoothie because I thought it was pointed - DOH! :D

Commercial smoothies have points, because they usually have added sugar. (The McDonald's smoothies are tooth-hurtingly sweet IMHO!) But homemade ones consisting of pure fruit do not. You can use Crystal Light or leftover coffee from the a.m. as the liquid to change the flavours up. Any juice has points, because you're not getting the fiber of the whole fruit.

Rachel217 said:
Commercial smoothies have points, because they usually have added sugar. (The McDonald's smoothies are tooth-hurtingly sweet IMHO!) But homemade ones consisting of pure fruit do not. You can use Crystal Light or leftover coffee from the a.m. as the liquid to change the flavours up. Any juice has points, because you're not getting the fiber of the whole fruit.

Crystal light? I have never seen this in England! Please say we have it here? Only had it in America!

i tink fruit you blend yourself is free...
i imagine its because juice you buy in the shop uses so many separate pieces of fruit?

Smoothies still have points but u could make one for 1 pp with a ww yougurt or a small bita skimmed milk x

Back