Smurfette1984......the good, the bad & the rest lol

If you enjoy rice chick I highly recommend you treat yourself to a rice cooker! Best £15 odd pound you will ever spend..perfection every time and once cooled makes perfect fried rice or rice salad base too! I would be lost without mine for sure! :)

Thanks you for the recommendation xx it's my birthday in Feb so may put it on my list lol xx

It's a hard habit to break...I'm still doing it almost 17 months into my journey! ..lol.. It does not hurt unless you let it break your focus, the only figure that truly counts is weigh day though so just always remember that! :D
Thats what I keep telling myself x got stomach cramps and bad wind so safe to say it may be that lol

If you enjoy rice chick I highly recommend you treat yourself to a rice cooker! Best £15 odd pound you will ever spend..perfection every time and once cooled makes perfect fried rice or rice salad base too! I would be lost without mine for sure! :)

OO Thanks for this Gemsta, Not sure It's something I can get right now as already bugging my mum to let me get a mircrowave and keep it out haha, she's such a neat freak that she hates things sitting on the work tops so may have to wait till I'm in my new place, especially if the OH and I keep having rice, though like the idea of rice salad and I guess would be good for rice burrito wraps.. OR SUSHI! lol Gemsta what have you done! :p

Looking forward to hearing how it tastes babe! Have a lovely weekend ladies ( and anyone else reading this :p ) xxx

OO Thanks for this Gemsta, Not sure It's something I can get right now as already bugging my mum to let me get a mircrowave and keep it out haha, she's such a neat freak that she hates things sitting on the work tops so may have to wait till I'm in my new place, especially if the OH and I keep having rice, though like the idea of rice salad and I guess would be good for rice burrito wraps.. OR SUSHI! lol Gemsta what have you done! :p

Looking forward to hearing how it tastes babe! Have a lovely weekend ladies ( and anyone else reading this :p ) xxx

Aye always worry a little when using a new recipe but should be OK lol xx

I am trying to get out of the habit of weighing daily too! ....and true, weigh days weigh is the one that counts!
Lost two now lol xx right all if you give me an incentive to not jump on em lol

I think weighing every other day helps keep me motivated. If I have gained or maintained then I kick my arse into overdrive, whereas before I bought my new scales I only weighed in once a week at group and I didn't know how my week was going until it was too late and then felt demotivated and guilty if i gained. With scales i feel like I can take charge of my week.

I think weighing every other day helps keep me motivated. If I have gained or maintained then I kick my arse into overdrive, whereas before I bought my new scales I only weighed in once a week at group and I didn't know how my week was going until it was too late and then felt demotivated and guilty if i gained. With scales i feel like I can take charge of my week.
Must admit that's what I usually do lol just trying to get out of habit of it really lol.

Felt bloody hungry all day, snacked on fruit (kiwi & orange) but not kept me satisfied for long. Decided I might need to increase my protein intakeo_O:eating:
Ive also forgot to have water aswell and only managed 1 pint, no suffiencent at all :(
Other to that, had another good day :D

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix with milk (hexa & b), grapes & strawberries
Lunch: Butternut squash soup, orange for afters
Tea: Cheese & onion pie (4 syns) with mixed vegetables
Snacks: Kiwi, Tea (hexa), Belgium choc options hot choc (2 syns)

Water intake: 1 pint
:confused:

Total syns: 6

Classic Cheese & Onion Pie Serves 4

ingredients

• 600g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 200g carrots, peeled and finely diced
  • 100g green beans, trimmed and finely diced
  • Low calorie cooking spray
  • 3 large onions, peeled and finely diced
  • 3 large eggs
  • 4 tsp dried parsley
  • 200g fat free cottage cheese with onions and chives
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 110g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
  • Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
method
  1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with enough cold water to cover well. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer gently until tender when pierced with a skewer, about 20-25 minutes.
  2. Meanwhile boil the carrots and green beans in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
  3. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the onions and stir-fry for 10-12 minutes or until softened.
  4. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°F/Gas 6. Spray a medium-sized pie dish with low calorie cooking spray.
  5. Drain the potatoes and mash until smooth, using a potato ricer if you have one.
  6. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, dried parsley and cottage cheese. Add to the potatoes, stir to mix well and season to taste. Add the reserved vegetables and onion mixture to the potatoes and stir well again.
  7. Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle over the cheese and bake for about 35-45 minutes until golden. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Tip: Make this into four individual pies and reduce the cooking time by 10 minutes.

Suitable for freezing.

I might have to try that cheese and onion pie as one of my new recipes every week! x
It's a great meal for all the family. Both my kids, my hubby and my mum all loved it and wolfed it down x might take your idea and try a different recipe every week x

Been really cold here, was going to go for a walk but DD decided to show off. Have a busy 2 days ahead of me though. Monday walking into town and back then a full day of sorting bedroom out. Tuesday is walking to local shops and having a look round then 2 hours of line dancing with my cousin Tuesday evening.
Another good day foodwise :D

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix with milk (hexa & b), kiwi & grapes
Lunch: Beef, Mash potatoes (hexa & 0.5 syn marg), broccoli, cauliflower, peas, sweetcorn, roast parsnips (frylight), roast potatoes (frylight), 200ml gravy (3 syns), 2 yorkshire puddings (4 syns)
Tea: Ham, whole beetroot, chive & onion cottage cheese
Drinks: Coffee, No added sugar squash

Water intake: 3.5 pints

Total syns: 7.5

Back