Extra Easy snacking when on extra easy!!??

cara78

Hey All! I've always done red or green days but fancy adding in some extra easy days here and there (the recipes all look so good!)
I understand the basic principles - ie only one HEX a and HEX b etc but I'm confused about snacking. I'm a massive grazer and as long as I don't over syn I've always lost weight - even though I eat a lot!! thing is meals aside how do I make a third of my snacks syn free? ie I sometimes eat super noodles on a green day as a snack - not as a main meal! can you not do this on EE??? any light shed on this will be a help! I'm a bit confused!!! C xxx:eek:

I do that and I eat Slimming World chips randomly because that's the joy of free foods on SW, you CAN do that on EE if you're hungry :) I don't see the problem.. I have Mug Shots on EE and don't think about needing meat to go with it lol :) don't worry sweetheart x

thanks for your reply and well done on your weight loss!!! think I'm gonna give it a go!!! c xx

i suppose technically when you ahve your supernoodles or mug shots ect you should also have a piece of fruit or something to make up that 1/3... but i havent done that i dont think allthough my snacks are normally ham pickeled eggs and pickled onions so i suppose i do really

yeah that makes sense - to be honest I could do with eating a bit more fruit and veg so I might try and make my snacks super free on the days when I do EE xxx

I tend to snack on fruit or muller lights but if I am wanting something savoury then I spend a few syns on Batchelors Macaroni Cheese (Pasta n Sauce) or Pot Noodle in a Mug. Also find Alpen Light Bars aren't bad at 3 syns.

Like yourself though I need to find some syn free grazing tips LOL :)

i suppose technically when you ahve your supernoodles or mug shots ect you should also have a piece of fruit or something to make up that 1/3... but i havent done that i dont think allthough my snacks are normally ham pickeled eggs and pickled onions so i suppose i do really

I always eat oranges and apples as snacks as well but I don't think about it, it's force of habit ;)

you dont have to have 1/3 superfree with everything. The book says it recommends it to speed up loss and of course they are healthier but it is not cast in stone.

i only follow the '1/3 superfree' rule when it comes to main meals on EE. it works for me so far. but generally i snack on fruit so that's probably why!!

But worth remembering that SW do say that you should try and make snacks superfree as your first choice rather than free foods.

i find that as long i have 1/3 superfree with every meal (sometimes its more :eek:) i seem to be ok with snacking on free food rather than superfree, it varies person to person and how much weight you have to lose, try and find what works best for you :) xx

I remember someone saying that on Extra Easy you should snack on fruit or veg or your syns between meals but I can't remember where I heard that. Maybe I made it up :eek:

Anyway, that's what I do but then my losses are pretty slow so maybe I'm doing it all wrong :sigh:

Back