Snacking

jackietrew

Will be slim!!!!!!!
Hey all,

I dunno whats wrong with me! i've been on ww since tuesday and it was going really well, i felt really full since i had been doing cd prior to this, but now...i dunno i'm finding im going back to my old habits of snacking and i don't want to!

although it is only ww food im snacking on i still know i shouldnt be! im on 25 points a day and i think knowing i can have so much isnt a good thing for me as i take advantage of it! does anyone have any tips on how to get outta the habit? i didnt have this problem on cd but now..that i know i can eat i seem to want more and it doesn't make sense :cry::cry::cry:

Im seeing this more and more on WW just now, people really beating themselves up and worrying about snacking and Im kinda puzzled why its so much of a problem to be honest.

Isnt that one of the advantages of WW that you CAN snack?? If youre using all your points on snacks I can understand that being a problem but if youre having meals then snacking is really the only way youre going to use up your points

its not that im worried, i just find that im snacking ON TOP of my points and thats what i dont want to be doing, i just need to get a grip really lol

i am allowing myself snacks in my points, but when i have a ww pud or choccie bar..i just want more and more, i feel like maybe i should cut it all out, because im one of those people who has one sweet thing and want the whole packet, although im sure im not the only one!

just want to be slim and feel so low at the moment :-(

I am the same I can't have one biscuit I have to have the packet. maybe try and eat within your points even if it means having a salad for dinner if it means you can have some choc later. Good luck.

hi couscous,

originally i was planning on saving up points during the week then induldging in a really nice choc bar or something, but i cant even save points up because im using them on snacks, its awful x

I've already mentioned sugar free jelly on your diary thread, Jackie. It works well for me.

Also, it might be easier for you if you only buy things in the quantity that you can eat until you get a bit more self-control over sweet things. I buy a 2-pack of Rosemary Conley choc mousses (2 points each) at a time but I don't stock up because that way, even if I empty the fridge, I've only had 4 points.

Could you try starting your points at a different time of day? I used to have a problem with eating too much in the evening so started my points allowance from 6pm instead of first thing in the morning. If I ended up with only a few points, it was easier for me to have a low point breakfast and lunch than it was to run out of points in the evening. I was less likely to go into 'sod it' mode, if you know what I mean.

yeah yesterday i made a whole load of sugar free jelly and that was helpful, except my brothers ate it all! lol so ill have to hide it in future, yeah i get what you mean about having low point brekkie etc thanks for your help x

Right jackie, give yourself a kick up the ass woman cos im guna do the same thing too as im going over my points slightly as well the last few days, mines cos ive not had a proper breakfast and it goes on from there.

We must have a proper breakfast, im going to have cereal, a shape yoghurt and a smoothie. For lunch i have my main meal as its easier for me, i had today loads of roast veg, at very low pointage.And a salmon fillet ith lemon and herbs. I had a choccie bar too. Then just now i had a bowl of weight watchers chips with some cheese,some choccie bars and ww dessert. All for 25 points.

We can stick to our points! I tend to have the odd mini binge every few days, are you doing that since youve been eating food?

You can do it, if you wana be slim that is ;)

*kicks self up arse* thanks for that! i need someone telling me that, we're on the same amount of points a day then! im eating quite healthy during the day, its just when evening rolls around and boredom sets in that i go hunting for treats, i have 1 point left tonight but im not going to use it as im not hungry! I WILL DO THIS, i WILL be slim!! i just need to re-evaluate, whats more important, food or being slim...

That's the choice we all have to make at some point, I guess.

Find something to do with your hands to keep them busy - do you sew or draw? I've started to design and make cards, I'm less likely to snack when doing that (they don't look good with choccie on them).

ok i personally feel like im going one step forward to back this week!! i resisted temptation earlier in the week, but seem to be struggling since i seen no movement on the scales!!

i personally have decided to get my ass in motion!!
its REALLY hard to stop once u fall into the trap of going over ur points everyday and i NO i dont want to go back there.
what i have now decided to do is allow tonite to bring what ever it does...if im hungry ill eat (id say im very close to my points now) and get up to morro and say ENOUGH!!!

im sick of feeling crappy like i do when not on top of my ww, so its up to me to get my bum in action!!!

so basicaaly im saying u are not alone, but just sit down have a little chat with ur self, get a good nites sleep and begin first thing in the morning!!!

oh and u can buy little tubs of sugar free jelly in tescos, they dont need to be kept in fridge and are fab and no points to!! handy if u need something during the day!!

ur doing fab keep it up xxx u WILL get there!!

Last edited:
*kicks self up arse* thanks for that! i need someone telling me that, we're on the same amount of points a day then! im eating quite healthy during the day, its just when evening rolls around and boredom sets in that i go hunting for treats, i have 1 point left tonight but im not going to use it as im not hungry! I WILL DO THIS, i WILL be slim!! i just need to re-evaluate, whats more important, food or being slim...

Its the evenings for me too that kill me, i really try not too eat after 8ish, but i was watching the biggest loser earlier and bob on there said you need to chew something when you want food - its not the food you want its to eat something. I kind of agree with him and bought stacks of low cal mints and chewing gum!

Lets hope hs right! if i stop evening eating and the odd binge im on to a winner.

Im sitting here with my big bottle of water and chewing gum - ive had the munchies and now they have gone!:drool:

thanks everyone for your replies, well i have blown it today by 6 points but iv put it behind me, and im going to do kickstart for a week starting tomoz, to try and get my mind back into the swing of things. xx

I dont want to sound negative but do you think KS is a good idea? If youre struggling and not sticking to 25 how will you cope on even less. It might be worth trying to get to grips with your 25 points first then try KS. Though Im not sure how effective it is if youve been on the diet a while.

I think Id work on getting through the week with your full allocation first, you dont want to make things harder :)

Back