Snooping and spying!!!

Actually Norton is rubbish.

For Anti-virus we use a free program downloadable from AVG Anti-Virus and Internet Security - AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition
and download the free one, then for a daily anti-spyware go to AVG Anti-Virus and Internet Security - Trial Versions and click on the anti-spyware one. This provides full functionality for a month but then continues to work with limited functionality. This runs a daily spyware check.

The best occasionally run anti-spyware is Ad-Aware SE, also free, click on Ad-Aware @ Lavasoft - The Original Anti-Spyware Company - Lavasoft & download Ad-Aware free. I recently ran this on a friend's machine who had never had anti-virus, anti-spyware or a firewall & he had 15 Trojans & 290 other viruses including 200 instances of Sasser Worm.

Yes, I don't bother with Norton any more.

AVG is brill for viruses...and free.
For spyware I use Spybot and adaware. Again, both free. I run them both at least once a week.

A good virus and spyware checker is the most important part of computer maintenance IMO. It's a must

Oh Heidi - that's horrible!!! I am so sorry that you've discovered this betrayal - you must feel so totally violated!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What an awful thing to happen Heidi. ((hugs))

Really does make you think about what other people are capable of.

Chin up
Kitty xxx

It is a pretty awful thing to do to a partner:mad: I'd be furious.

Before people get too panicky and think that every bit of spyware means their nearest and dearest are spying on them, I don't really consider pc pandora to be the average spyware program that goes on your computer.

PC pandora is legit and I know parents sometimes use it to track what their children are getting up to.

Spyware can really mess up your computer with pop ups etc and send data back, pc pandora is a little different.

Sure Mike or Pierce can expand :)

Hugs to you though!

i use everything the same as karion...avg and adaware. very good and free! most spyware is designed to get passed norton as its the most used antivirus software. what a cheeky ex!!

Back