Snow!

We have had some snow here in Norfolk already, although the sleet in it soon washed it away again.

We have dreadfully freezing cold heavy winds with the sleet and it is all supposed to turn to heavy snow tonight and tomorrow.

I have my weekend shopping done now, and as long as Asda get through with my Christmas grocery order on the 23rd, then let the snow come - although DH will have to drive to work in it!!!

I just love snow!
Being brought up in Africa, I never experienced it, and only saw it from afar on mountain tops. When I first saw snow fall when I lived in Taunton, I was as excited as a child at Christmas, but it never settled.
When I moved to Ilfracombe I was told it never snowed but we were snowed in twice in a week in February. I was in heaven!
Right now it's really cold and they are talking of snow tomorrow. We shall see!

I had to drive from Tunbridge Wells in Kent to Bexhill, East Sussex last night.

Bearing in mind we've known for DAYS this snow was coming, the section of the A21 from Tunbridge Wells until out the bottom of Kent was absolute HELL. The moment we hit East Sussex the roads were gritted and clear.

The journey took 40 minutes longer than normal (got home about 20mins after midnight) and that was because of having to drive at 10-15mph on the Kent stretch.

Why oh why do some parts of the country get it wrong every blooming time!!

Forgot to add, will be a nervous wreck today. My OH is a lorry driver and has already gone to work. Until they decide to close the recycling sites he will have to keep working. Will have everything crossed until he's home safe x

We had about 10 minutes of snow in South Manchester yesterday, it was really blizzard-esque for those 10 minutes though! And it happened literally just as I got off the bus from work, and still had a 20 minute walk home :mad:

Forgot to add, will be a nervous wreck today. My OH is a lorry driver and has already gone to work. Until they decide to close the recycling sites he will have to keep working. Will have everything crossed until he's home safe x

I'm very nervous about my family driving in this weather-I don't drive so I don't know what it's like. My dad's a white van man and my sister drives a very fast sports car so I'm a bit eek! about it.
Mum gave me a lift to work this morning and I was on pins til she text me and told me she was home. Happy holidays, eh?! :rolleyes:

No sign of snow in Plymouth - doesn't even look like we're going to get any :cry:x

Just a dusting in East Yorkshire.

Got about 6-8 ins here, it looks lovely but is a nightmare.

OH out trying to dig out the car so we can take our little boy to his Christmas party at school but don't hold out much hope

My OH's parents are coming to ours on Christmas Day but theire bungalow is way out in the sticks so if the weather is bad they won't be able to make it.

(How cock eyed, eh? The council built bungalows for retired people in a village that has a pub and a primary school. No shop and no bus service except one a week to Tesco! AND they have to climb 5 steep steps from the car park to get to the bungalows.)

We had a couple of inches overnight, and it is now melting in the sunshine. It won't all melt by tonight, though, so I expect there will be lots of nasty frozen slush to negotiate tomorrow - it is going to be very cold tonight.

There is more snow forecast for later, and tomorrow.

I did all the things that I had to do by car yesterday, and anything I need to do today I can walk to, or go by bus if they are running.

I am about to get all wrapped up and take my camera out to take some pictures while the sunshine lasts - it is very pretty out there!!

We had loads of it absolute nightmare!! Around 10cms! schools all shut and impossible to get out of our road as they dont grit!

Had some much planned for this weekend and it is all falling away! Really worried about tomorrow have to take my daughter over to nana's so i can work sunday and monday and it means driving half an hour there then half an hour back really terrified!!

Back