***snowy super saturday daily thread***

BB -- Mine was even more nonsensical:
"The Impact of the Cuban Missle Crisis on France's Participation in the NATO Alliance". If you have trouble sleeping -- I'll send you a copy. LOL

Man that almost makes mine sound interesting!! Is it wrong that I'm enjoying doing my dissertation?!

You must have actually been able to choose something that interested in you. My "professor' wanted me to do research in "his" area of expertise. So, I did my best to make it work for me, too. It wasn't too bad (I enjoyed the research). By the time I was ready to write -- I thought: "The Cuban Missle Crisis had very little to do with France's withdrawing from NATO -- timing made is look likely -- but in reality it was more of DeGalle being a nationalist." But, when you read it... you think... "Hummm, maybe." Got an A and was successful in defending it. LOL

Last edited:
Yup I think I was. We chose ours before we got assigned to anyone. We had to put together a 3000 word proposal that said this is my topic, this is what's said already, this is what I want to find out and this is how I'll do it. That then got handed in and they assigned people a supervisor. I quite like mine!

I can't do anything more with my dissertation until I do my interviews which are the end of the month when I've got some time off uni. I actually really want to get on and do it but just can't!

Hi CG,

Yeah, You really want to go for it when you have the motivation. Hopefully, the interviews with be worthwhile and inspiring and you'll knock it out.

Good Luck -- keep us posted.

I hope so!! It's proving difficult to arrange my second interview though, can't be a case study comparison if I don't get another interview arranged! =/

I'm pretty excited at the moment - I'm actually full! I've had all of my shakes and halfway through my third one I actually started feeling full. Niice :)

Back