***snowy super saturday daily thread***

Hello daily people!

Hope you are all doing well, the cricket thing made me laugh!! i love gecko's, dont have any real ones though!
just braved the arctic outside for whats now becoming the daily trek to the village for supplies! panic buying still going on there, its so annoying! family fast running out of food, as they eat continuously not being at school!!
im determined to try and get on with my dissertation today, but with everyone home its v hard!
diet wise its going ok so far, had a bit of a kick this morning as the numbers keep going UP not DOWN!! i know i havent exactly been following it to the letter lately, but i was v good yesterday... booo..
trying to be angelic today.. will be hard!!

Hi Daily Threaders --

And, no -- I did not have the absolute longest lie in in history. My DD was using the laptop to play some games, as no one wants to make a playdate delivery. :( I will give her hand soon with some scout activities and crafting.

I also have planned (like BB) a DVD -- but ours will be "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs". DH and DD Saw it together at the cinema but I missed out.

Day 5 has gone well so far: coffee, flavoured water, and one shake. I weighed myself and am quite pleased, but a bit envious of LizzB as she has had double my losses, and just one more day of SSing. I am happy to say that I have hit "goal one" of getting under 150 pounds (10 st 10). Yeah! So, 1 stone 3 to goal weight (but plan to get five under to compensate for the gylcogen stores). And, the WiiFit tells me that I need to lose 1 stone 12 still! Damn technology.

Thelma, Im jealous of your OZ trip, too. I have always wanted to visit downunder -- and even used to teach a bit of Australian history and geography to 6th graders (yr 7), when I lived in New York.

BTW Mrs. Essex, be sure to tell my in-laws "hello" when you are in "The City". Are you going with your children or without? Because if it is with (and do you have a daughter?) you MUST take her to the American Girl Doll Store on 5th Ave. It is amazing!!! Check it out online: American Girl Place New York. There use to only be three, but they have expanded recently.

And, Caroline I vote for dog food over live bait anytime (Unless it is the restaurant called Live Bait near Covent Garden).

Here's wishing everyone a warm and wonderful Saturday.

MM

Here's a picture of the crickets...

11535_507879326456_285500096_335056_7203129_n.jpg

Lovely things aren't they!!

And one of the geckos about to pounce...

16977_507879316476_285500096_335054_3307110_n.jpg

I absolutely hated crickets but really wanted geckos so had to decide which was more important and now I'm pretty used to them, though I don't actually touch them, no chance!

Yup they're alive. That tank thing is what I keep them in. Throw them some veg every so often and it keeps them going. Some people use dead ones and vibrating dishes so they look alive but mine seem to know the difference and won't eat them otherwise!

I get the black crickets, no wings! The brown ones have wings and I HATE them, can't go near them.

Good afternoon

Laptop playing silly tricks so this might have to be brief.

Well done Lizz on whopping 10 pounds lost, way to go!

Geckos look very cute but could not cope with crickets.

Lovely destinations coming up soon Mrs.E and Thelma, New York and Australia. I went to Sydney and outlying areas in 95 and NY in 96.

Sitting in front of TV, slanket on lap, heating on and the lovely scent of a strawberry Yankee candle creating a nice ambience (but making me want a hot strawberry CD shake which is fine, due another 3 food packs today).

Not done any 'work' which is ok as it was an optional idea, I think I am stil lethargic from the cold.

Way behind with the water though, tut tut x

I love Yankee candles! They're lovely. I need to get a few more I think.

I'm really behind on water too, only one cup of tea, whoops! I always struggle with water.

I totally love yankee candles too!!
in fact im going to treat myself to one after official WI confirms im at goal weight.. now which flavour!!!
I like vanilla and carribean friuts alot.. but maybe I should try something new! any ideas??
bloody snowing again.. not happy! it HAS to go by wed am for WI!!!
hope all being good so far today, im pleased to report 100% SS so far today, but alas no dissertation work! damn kids!

I might treat myself to a new Yankee candle for every stone I lose. I like using candles when I have baths and just generally in the evening or to make things smell nice but I'm almost all out! I've not smelt the vanilla and caribbean fruits one, it's been a while so can't remember what any smell like really!

What's your dissertation on Aly?

I have a candle melt thingy from yankee, cant remember what flavour it is though!! will light it in a bit.. I love the big candles in the glass jars, theyre quite pricy though, still probably cheaper than a ton of naughty chocolate!

Dissertation is on Stereotypes within the criminal justice system.. just want it done and dusted now.. have had enough of uni now to be honest! Its a practical dissertation as im on a fine art degree, going into secondary teaching in sept (fingers x) so really just want the degree done now!! loads of work to do though!

Yankee candle addict here! They are expensive so I look out for special prices in TKMax, which will reduce a large £18 size to £13. There is also a concession within my local Debenhams that does a candle of the month, and this is reduced. Otherwise QVC does offers - best is the Todays Special Offer that comes up maybe every three months. I was able to buy loads when a factory shop closed down a few years ago and got them at prices that now seem ridiculously low.

Scents - my favourite - hard to choose, lavender and lemon, fresh cut roses, the french vanilla, midnight cove, currently alternating between strawberry, sweet violet, and brown sugar and spice.

The problem is that I love them all, possibly least favourite was the mackintosh which is an American apple.

I would warn against having certain scents when you are on CD, cookies and cream and othe confectionary types, as they could subconsciously make you crave food!!

I contemplated opening carribean fruits today and gave it a sniff, oh so lovely. Was given lemon as a Christmas present from a fellow Yankee fan (and coincidentally presented back a tangerine scent)- that smells so fresh and summery which would be nice for this time of the year.

I am no help cos' I want everything from the range!

What is the dissertation on, I think you have already told us but I can't remember. I did one on supporting the relatives of older people in nursing homes, it was a terrible load of rubbish because I left it to last minute, was still writing it on day it was due - outrageous! x

Posts crossed! Good Luck with finishing the big D x

Expert noses have informed me that 'Our Own Candle Company' is just as good, widely available at TX Maxx, £7 for a medium compared to Yankee's RRP of £15 for a medium.

Also there is a jellybelly range in TXMaxx that crops up from time to time, again at least half the price and lovely.

looks like a trip to TKMaxx is in order then!!
Theres a lovely shop in Fareham that sells it, every time I go there Im soo tempted to get one! I went through a phase a couple of years ago of having loads of them, but it can get to be an expensive addiction! and the teenagers dont like it! damn them!
im totally going to get one next WI, a non food indulgence is definately on the cards!!

Thanks for the luck with the Diss.. god knows i need it!! cant seem to concentrate on it, kids have been home from school all week cos of the damn snow, not helpful!

Hi BB --

That's funny the Macintosch is one of my favourites. I also love Vanilla, Fresh Linen and any of the Citrus type ones. I don't the special seasonal Christmas ones that Yankee does -- like Christmas Tree or Mistletoe. They smell like floor cleaner to me (and anything related to cleaning is not relaxing). LOL
I read somewhere that Citrus scents were supposed to depress the appetite. So, maybe something in that variety is in order for a weight loss reward?
I have also bought some lovely (but not cheap) things from Party Lite. I liked the diffusers -- I am afraid I'd forget I had a candle burning and torch the whole house. I have a Jasmine one that is very restful in my bedroom and another (vanilla scented) one in my lounge. YanKee Candles makes those now, too.

MM

Congrats on finishing your Dissertation AlyB. I was a lot like you BB -- tweaking it right up until deadline.

Back