so annoyed!

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
Well im going to the in-laws for dinner tonight which was roast chicken.....simple. So i was sticking with my green day. 20mins before we're due to leave she tells us its now chicken caserole.......now i dont have a clue what the sauce/gravy will be so dont know how to do my day now. Its been green right up till now but i just dont know what to do now!!! do i just have a small portion and use my remaining 6 syns towards it??

You could try eating just the veggies & drain as much as the gravy off as poss; will she be ok with this?

The way I look at these sort of situations is....is it life or death!!! Eating it isn't going to kill you and I certainly wouldn't get myself into a tizzie over it, eat the potatoes and veg, ask her to drain the sauce off for you through one of those spoons with holes in it and ENJOY it!! Life is too short to be worrying about a bit of sauce! :)

Think of it this way - it's one meal out of the 21 you will probably have this week. In all hnesty, one bad meal isn't likely to mess up the rest of your week. If you want to remain in control, have you thought about maybe doing a flexible syns day?

The way I look at these sort of situations is....is it life or death!!! Eating it isn't going to kill you and I certainly wouldn't get myself into a tizzie over it, eat the potatoes and veg, ask her to drain the sauce off for you through one of those spoons with holes in it and ENJOY it!! Life is too short to be worrying about a bit of sauce! :)

Everyone keeps saying this a lifestyle not a diet, so unless your never going to go out for a meal there will be lots of times like this. Just try to enjoy it and then get straight back on tomorrow morning
The worse that may happen is a STS but chances are it wont affect your week at all
Enjoy x

Just go for it and eat what you have to. Like everyone says, it's a way of life and there are times when you won't stick to your diet or even sometimes go over your syns but it's not gonna hurt you. Just have your dinner, eat fruits for dessert and tomorrow get right back on track. xx :D.

yeah it was ok in the end, they had done roasted veg for me and the sauce was only chicken stock, herbs and a sprinkle of gravy granules. :)

Back