So called friends

sazzy34

Gold Member
Anyone else have a problem with friends ?? :confused:

My best friend, who I add I think the world of, asked me yesterday how I had done at my wi.
I had lost 2lbs and she was pleased for me. But then made a comment about being able to tell now as my jeans were hanging off me, ( still laughing and joking at this point) :D

Within a couple of minutes she started with a barrage of moans about me not eating any food and it being ridiculous losing weight so quick AND then proceding to tell me about the great big fried breakfast she had just had in tesco`s.

Well I just saw red, and pointed out that perhaps she was a little bit miffed because she only managed to have 1/2 a shake on day 1 and then gave up. ( she started 2 wks after me)
And was poss a bit jelous because she could now see it working.
Anyway we cleared the air, but I think its because she can see the difference now.
Its funny because every diet I have done ( which is all of them) i have seen people losing their weight and thought, I hope thats me, and it never was.
But now it is me and it is working !! :eek: :D

Anyway were still friends but had to clear the air and have a moan.

Yeah i have found this.

I live in Portsmouth with my fiance, but most of my family are in Manchester (where i'm from) and when they saw me they couldn't believe how much weight i had lost and all commented.

I had sparkling water all night. My Uncle came over and offered to buy me a drink, i asked for water. He laughed in my face, went to the bar and came back with a pint of stella and blackcurrent (my old 'usual' drink!) When i declined he said - "Your no fun without alcohol, get it down your neck" At that i snapped back BIG TIME. Saying the reason i'm no fun when im sober is because i lack in confidence because of my weight. That's why im doing something about it!

He blushed to say the least, but did go back to the bar and get me some water!

Some people are great when your loosing weight and support you 100% but there is always the odd few who get jealous or encourage you to have 'one drink' or 'one bite' I just look upon those people as being ignorant to what overweight people actually go through emotionally, and feel sorry for them, because they will never get the chance in their life to be strong willed - like we all are - in saying no to temptations.

Very very common! People like to see other people in "boxes" and when they decide to come out of their box and change then people feel threatened by that.

Stick with it though as you will blow her and everyone away with the rest of your journey.

Do this for you!

Mike

I know what you mean but my friend is the same size, weight as me.
I think its hard for her because she says she can`t poss stick to it.
I think you have to not make excuses about why your on cd and when they know the real emotion behind it, you get left to do it. ( if any of that makes sense) lol :eek:

I was always proud to be on the diet and proud to be taking control of my life and losing weight and getting healthy, my GP supported me and I did my research to make sure the diet was healthy, when anyone tried to tell me it wasn't or criticise it in anyway then I gave it them both barrels regardless of whether they were friend or foe.

Hubby is getting some comments at work. Our son tends to catch every cold going which in turn hubby gets. So they are starting to make comments that this diet is making him poorly and that he has got to start eating.

He's also getting moaned at, as he's not going out for a drink with them as often.

I don`t want to lose her frienship, but as Mike says,
I am doing this for me, and am more focused than I have been about any diet.
And because minimins is a great help and inspires me :D

You will find the more you lose the more your friends will suddenly decide to give it another try, then you can smile!!

M.

Hubby is getting some comments at work. Our son tends to catch every cold going which in turn hubby gets. So they are starting to make comments that this diet is making him poorly and that he has got to start eating.

He's also getting moaned at, as he's not going out for a drink with them as often.

I was going through a couple of bad months until just recently with every cough, cold & bug going around. Someone had it i caught it! I was forever being told "it's that diet you're on, it's no good for you!" I just told them I'd spoke to my doc (which i had) & as i do have a low immune system anyway my body just wasn't coping very well at the time. My doctor was happy for me to continue on CD, so that's what i told the sceptics (sp)..xx

Sadly friends, relatives do get jealous as you loose the weight, as you have stepped out of not only your comfort zone, but theirs as well.
At least you have cleared the air with your friend.

Keep on track !

Back