SO demotivated :(

crazylilblondie

Pizza addict
Well, today I had my 4 week/1 month weigh in, and Ive only lost 2lbs.

I know its still a loss but last week I only lost 2.5 lbs and it just seems too slow for me. I was told the average loss was 3-4lbs a week and at the rate Im going I wont be loosing a stone a month. It just seems pointless, I havent cheated at all and Ive stuck to soul source 100% with no bars or mouses or water flavourings. I just feel like my metabolism has stopped and feel like Im starving myself for barely anything.:break_diet:

18lbs is a fabulous amount of weight to loose in 4 weeks. You have done really well so far (could be 4 months of weight watchers that). Wait for next week, might be a biggy, you never know.

Just noticed that you started with exactly the same BMI as me.

Jan

Well done with your losses so far. Looked at your bmi and how much you have to lose - could it be slowing down a bit because you don't have a lot to lose? Even at 2.5lbs you'll be at your target in two months but it might pick up again. Think of how hard it would be to lose the weight you have on a calorie counting diet.

18lbs is a fabulous amount of weight to loose in 4 weeks. You have done really well so far (could be 4 months of weight watchers that). Wait for next week, might be a biggy, you never know.

Just noticed that you started with exactly the same BMI as me.

Jan

Thanks! I was just hoping for a big loss this week as last week was quite small - I didnt expect it to be smaller!

Ok, lets take the pessimistic approach here for a minute. Lets say you NEVER have a loss over 2.5 pounds (which is highly unlikely by the way :) ). What is the alternative? to quit the diet and remain unhappy? Or to fight your battle for two more tiny insignificant months? You can do it hun and we are all here to support you :) When there is a will there is a way and it is impossible not to lose weight on Cambridge :)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Natasha's Yellow Brick Skinny road

As you say, it's still a loss but i can understand why you feel demotivated :(

how much water do u drink?? My cdc last night warned me not to drink tooo much water as my body would start to flush out the minerals and my losses would be small-nothing.

you have lost twice as much as i lost doing slimming world for 14 weeks so stick at it!!!

Amy xx

As you approach goal (& having only 20lbs left to lose you are) your weight loss will slow down. However have you been measuring yourself as well as weighing in. Because when i did ss last time i found my weight loss slowed down quite a bit some weeks (your body holds onto extra water if you lose weight too fast) but i'd still be losing inches. So you could still be losing fat but holding onto water.

Thanks everyone for all your support - it means alot.

I know I probsbly sound selfish and moaning about a 2lb loss when people on other diets would kill for that. I guess Im not very patient and had hoped to be below my first mini goal of 10lbs. I never been below that before and think it would be a massive boost for me.

Still Im not going to give up and will continue... just means maintenance is a bit further away!!

how much water do u drink?? My cdc last night warned me not to drink tooo much water as my body would start to flush out the minerals and my losses would be small-nothing.

About 3-4 litres a day? Though at the weekends its about 2!

I think the main thing to focus on is the fact that you are losing weight. It's really easy to look at a small loss and feel like it's insignificant. Next time you go to the grocery store, pick up a couple of pounds of butter. Hold them in your hands for a few minutes, and you'll realize that 2 lbs is more than you think.

But really, losing 2 lbs is better than losing nothing, and even better than GAINING 2 lbs. So, try to be patient, and your weight will eventually come off. Even though you might not be losing as much as you want, it's still faster than most other diets!

Back