So Depressed - please help!

broxi

ButtErFly
I'm on week 5 SS and haven't cheated once. Every weekend my mood plummets but today it has been rock bottom. I've been crying for no reason and I feel so dead inside. I'm also physically and mentally exhausted; I slept for 5 hours when I came in form work tonight and I'm still tired. I have not lost any weight since Saturday and the scales normally go down every few days. What's really worrying me is that on other diets my weight loss always stops altogether and the diet stops working- it's as though my body has got used to diet. I'm terrified this happens on CD. But also I just feel so down, people at work were telling me today that they are really worried about me, that I've lost my sparkle. I don't know if I can continue. Please help! x

Please don't despair honey lots of people feel weary and tired on this diet are you approaching TOTM at all that with the mood of ketosis etc could make you feel this way.

You may have lost more in inches than weight some people do not judge on the scales and tend to go by inch loss and clothes fit.

Use the forum to vent and shout and cry and scream everyone will be here to support you darling.

Chin up sweetheart

(((((Hugs))))

JS xx

HI

VLCD do give people low moods , also bevause you have not seen the scales move this also is an added problem . In that time you have lost 20 pounds , so you should feel happy ? No , because the scales mainly have not moved ?
First , see how far you have come also your mood will have highs and lows , for now they are low until you see a good weight loss, which you will , I know we all want it to happen over night these diets but sorry it does not work that way as we know , but this diet will give you faster results , just hang in there ok ?

Broxi, have a hug!!

this diet can be really hard but you are doing amazingly well..

don't worry about the scales.. easier said than done but you will lose weight!! My scales never move at all they tease me all week!!
I think that many many people me included feel that "I will be the one it doesn't work for" it is scary this weightloss lark.

As for your work mates, they are probably picking up on you feeling a bit down right now, but if u read the posts on here, people always tell us that we have lost enough or dont look well etc...

as for being tired.. i have a nap most days! on ss we are taking in a tiny amount of calories and if you are busy, you will get tired.... just rest and it will pass... are you otherwise healthy?

Im sure u will be fine, but you can do this... you ARE doing it!!

xx

Oh Broxi,
Sending big hugs. I know how you feel, ss is such an unsociable stage of the diet, that it is hard to feel normal at times and especially difficult if you are not seeing the results on the scales.
Just concentrate on how well you have done so far, and think about it which other diet could you lose so quickly on.
Have you been taking your measurements? Sometimes even if you aren't seeing progress on the scales,you can still lose inches!

Hope this helps, not really good at dishing out advice, but felt I had to reach out to you as you sound so desolate. I am sure someone will be along in a min to help cheer and motivate you!

Thanks people. The one thing that does make me feel better is knowing that the people on this forum care and understand. x

Thanks so much Tillyfloss, that helped. Maybe this will pass in morning but my low mood is overwhelming just now. You are probably right about people at work - it's like they want it to fail for some strange reason. I do think that this diet kind of messes with my head. Your post has actually helped and hopefully this too will pass! By the way, I was going to reply to you earlier on another thread, (but was too depressed!) to say you look cracking in your new pic. x

Hi I have done this diet and found my mood swings were very much like yours are at the moment ,with me I think it was all to do with totm .My only advise is try to work through it you will swing back round to more of a up mood if things are really too much for you maybe you should look at doing ss+ or higher .Only you know how much you can handle and as I said there were times I nearly broke but I did add a meal week around my totm and it helped .As to not losing any weight for a few days that is to do with water retention and you will have a big loss sometime in the next week or 2 .Hold on to the end results that you can achieve I am now over a year down the line and the 6 months I spent on cd was worth every minuet .Good luck hun use the peeps here to rant and rave its what this forum is about we are all here to help xx

ITSO69, I hope I'm not so shallow that my low mood is purely based on the scales but it could be. You see diets always stop working for me even although I stick to them and I'd basically resigned myself to being fat forever until I tried this. I did SW last year and lost the same amount of weight - much slower- but it stopped working after a stone and a half. Maybe I'm just scared of this. But it is also very hard to cope with life without food I think. My TOTM is not due either but low mood is actually overwhelming tonight - thanks for caring though. I'm such a misery tonight I shouldn't even be talking to people! x

Thanks so much Mandye, and your success helps me as does knowing your moods were affected on it but you looked at the bigger pciture. Think I might actually go to SS+ for a wee while- just scared that if I do that I won't get back on SS. But thanks so much for support, greatly appreciated xx

I think you might be best to read up on why you get a low mood on VLCD I have read it before but word for word I can't remember , I know that trying to understand it may help .
Also you have told yourself you won't lose it because this always happens , so now read stories here and tell yourself you will reach the weight you want to be smile !

Hi ITSO69, what do you mean read up on why you get low mood, is there a post somewhere? x

Hey Broxi,
Just wanted to say chin up hon, you have done so well......
CD really is a fantastic diet.. but it can be tough on us sometimes.. but you are doing so well and the results have shown..
My scales play around all the time I jump on most days and sometimes when Im going for wi I think have I lost anything but the scales always show...
People have always got something to say, others arent always happy when they see people doing well and looking great so chin up and stick with it because I think your doing fab and before you know it your be at your goal xxxx

Hi Broxi
On this merry go round your mood seems to peak and fall all of the time but the highs seem to out weigh the lows, the diet cant fail and you wont fail you have come so far already and you can do this!!xxxx

Keep in their Broxi, you're doing so, so well. The scales often play tricks so make sure you are taken measurements, perhaps your body is shifting around and changing shape. Previous diets for me often stop at a stone and a half and then I cave in because it's either to slow and I'm demotivated or I'm gaining muscle mass from extra exercise. Anyway have faith that this WILL work, I only have to look at others inspiring posts to know it's gonna take time- and 5 weeks must seem like an eternity (I haven't got there yet). Keep talking to us hun and vent here, we can all empathise. Sending you a huge hug, Hun. Believe in yourself, we believe in you x

Hi Broxi,

I hope you are feeling better this morning. Sorry to hear you've been feeling so low. Funny old diet.....we're either very high or very low. You've just got to hold out for the high's. My energy is definatly lower however I've got used to it now and think I'll have it all back to normal when i start working up the plans.....and at least by then I'll be a skinny minimin :)

You're doing really, really well. Keep going. I bet you'll see movement on the scales soon. Think of it that your body is just adjusting to its new shape\weight. it will work.

Big hugs xxx

Hi there , I found this , but I have read in papers and also other sites but just looked and found this ,A client of mine recently completed the LighterLife 100 day 500 cal per day VCLD, I asked her about the highs and lows of her 100 days:

During the diet -"I suffered from headaches, mood swings and I felt very tired and weak for the first couple of weeks. After that I felt that my body was getting used to it, and I started walking an hour every day. I felt great and I must say my skin got better. I was drinking plenty of water and I lost 28 kgs in 100 days." I think what i'm saying here is your moods change being on VLCD

I'm a moody cow on CD-I too get days when I feel very very low and just want to cry-I suspect it's not only the diet itself but the whole weight loss being so fast releasing hormones and making us go a bit loopy.It does pass and my moods are evening out now.Hang in there!!

Hiya,
I am on week three and I have low moods too.. I don't jump on the scales unless at my cdc... I am tired all the time and weak. I have 3 shakes and a meal every day and drink a stack of water. I wonder why I'm doing this sometimes. After collasing in the vets yesterday and getting taken to hospital for the day by ambulance... I felt like crap after discovering I have a kidney infection. So I had two slices of marmite toast when I got home and I loved them. I will not feel guilty about that. I had a shake for tea, and this morning I am motivte to carry on.
Why?
Because whether I have ;lost weight this week, I can FEEL the difference. My jeans are too big...none of my work trousers fit anymore.... and in a couple of weeks I will be able to shop in Primark again (LOL Cheap and cheerful)
So don't lose heart!!! Even if your scales don't show much.... you body WILL show you the difference.
Good luck in your quest!!!!
H
xx

Back