So discouraged !

sparkle78

hi everyone

iv just started the plan and i find im eating way more than i used to and im still hungry all the time - i dont know why and i think although i v been pretty ok my first week i think iv prob not lost but gained weight.

im not sure as i dont know what i weighed on my home scales when i started.

i just dont know how im going to lose weight like this and im totally desperate

any advice would be much appreciated

thanks

With SW there is no need to be hungry.
Could you add your food diary so we can see what your eating and then give suggestions.
SW does work if you stick to it.
Hang in there and keep coming online for lots of support x

You are going to need to give us more information to work with. Most people feel they are eating too much when they start SW because we have been conditioned to beleive you need to cut back and go hungry in order to lose weight. But it is simply not the case. I bet if you look at what you are eating it is all healthy, low calorie food. I eat a lot more on SW but it is all good quality food instead of junk!

Can you post a food diary so we can take a look at what you are eating and how much?

try not to worry sparkle, as said above lots of people think they're eating too much but actually need to eat more, especially if you're still hungry. Are you having lots of superfree? are you having your HEXa and b?

please post your food diary so we can see and give more help

xx

We get a post like this from a newbie almost every week - its very common to worry you are eating so much you cant possibly be losing weight, but as others have said provided you are eating the *right* things and following the plan you *will* lose weight. I know its hard not to worry, but once you weigh in Im sure all will be fine. Post a food diary if you think you need to check its all OK. Im sure youll be fine, good luck x :)

I felt the same, but have had consistent losses every week since I started, even over the last 2 weeks when Ive had a couple of blips!

But theres no need to be hungry at all. I've had bigger losses on Slimming World than when I was on WW - and I was starving all the time on WW!

I think it is the best idea to post your food diary and let us help you.
But i will say this... are you actually hungry?? and the reason why i ask is because as soon as i start a "diet" i obsess about food, because i have cut out alot of the sugar nothing seems to quite hit the spot to satisfy me and i just eat and eat and still feel i need more. This feeling does go (for me) after the first week, and i felt as though i eat so much there is no way i could possibly loose, but i did because i was eating the right stuff :cool: (just a thought)

ermintrude said:
We get a post like this from a newbie almost every week - its very common to worry you are eating so much you cant possibly be losing weight, but as others have said provided you are eating the *right* things and following the plan you *will* lose weight. I know its hard not to worry, but once you weigh in Im sure all will be fine. Post a food diary if you think you need to check its all OK. Im sure youll be fine, good luck x :)

This is sooo true. Sw goes against what so many of us have been told it does make people panic. Forget about the quantity of food. When I went to class my leader had a poster up which showed how three meals on sw could be less calories than one non-sw meal, so it has nothing to do with the quantity.

As for weighing at home outside of class it is not a good habit to get into. All scales are different and will show different results. Only weigh at class its what youre paying a fiver for after all.

Ps if youre still hungry have a look at what youre eating and see if you could swap to thinks to keep you fuller for longer.

Totally agree with what everyone else has said here. I've restarted SW a couple of times and before I always limited myself even if I was well within syns - even not using my healthy extras because I thought the less I eat the better. But this time around I'm sticking to plan as close as possible, inc. syns, and if I feel hungry I just eat something! Banana's or melba toasts (makes you feel like you are getting something 'bready' and more substantial than fruit but v. low in syns - 1/2 syn on all plans I believe) in particular I find are great when I've got a wee hunger pang.

Keep going hun :) I agree with the other peeps, once you get stuck in you'll love it!!! I keep a food diary which is a massive help, remember this is your journey and you'll lose the weight in your own time.......I know I certainly find it tough at times but I'm never hungry which can only be a good thing. Also this site is fab for when your feeling a bit deflated and everyone is in the same boat :)

Good luck hun, it'll work for you :) Xxxxx

hi honey just started back on slimming world and I agree with every previous post, you go through other plans being told not to eat certain things and to calorie count so when you join sw and can eat such a wide variety of food and lose weight you can question how its possible but keep a food diary so you can look back at the good wks and see whats working for you and trust that this plan works, hope you keep at it and get the losses you are after x

Hi ladies thanks so much for all your help I am going to stick with your support is amazing - it's really hard to get used to eating so much as I'm more used to weight watchers and Cambridge but I needed a plan that was more like healthy eating for me and my family and even if I gain - iv had four days off plan in the last two weeks due to bad news an comfort eating ! I'll keep going I really need a perfect week 100 percent on plan to see how my body responds - iv been keeping a food diary on paper and I'll try and post when I get a chance - thanks so so much for all your help !

Sparkle

Back