So embarrassing!

Hello!

So I've just started Slimming World again, and I have to say I am really excited about it. I'm just coming up to the end of the first week, and I remember feeling some of the same sensations when my body was adjusting last time around as I am now.

However, there is this one really awkward thing! I keep constantly having this really unpleasant metallic taste in my mouth, and I'm worried sick that my breath will start stripping paint of walls if I'm not careful and get too close. I've never chewed this much chewing gum in my life!! Can someone please reassure me that isn't something to be alarmed about? It will pass, right? I can't remember having this last time? I'm doing mostly green and some EE days. My food diary can bee seen on this link if it'll help: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/325770-quite-simply-mostly-green-ee.html

I was thinking hmm... maybe it's the garlic? But I'm not eating loads of it, and I usually have garlic in my cooking anyway.

Any thoughts?

Drink more water is my advice, undoubtedly you are eating a lot more fruit and veg now and that can have some unpleasant side affects for a while you will be fine by week 2 I'd say.

Oh good, not just me then! End of my first week and my breath is rank and my mouth tastes funny- I usually associate it with the ketosis of atkins and vlcd's I've done in the past so wouldn't have thought it would happen with SW.

Funny faffifi, I think the exact same, after all SW is just healthy eating so why the odd symptoms I wonder, perhaps testament to the unhealthy eating I was doing before :D

I had the same and thought maybe similar to ketosis as I'm on red days only. It does get better though.

Thanks so much for your friendly replies guys. I'll take it that this is very likely to pass then! Thank the LORD for that! :)

Back