So far so good

Zaracraft

Managed to get to day 3

Day 1, 2.5litres 100% felt hungry all day but other than that fine

Day 2, 2.5litres 100% Felt funny all day. kind of like I had had one to many white wines and was just slightly tipsy. Still hungery but not to bad its just been cooking smells that are getting to me. Took 1 dulolax as I have problems there anyway

Day 3, 1.5litres so far 100% so far. Up at 2:30am, result of the tablet. Felt better today, but a bit low on energy. Got to lunch time and I was starting to feel that it was time to eat but not too hungry.

I cant not weigh, its as much a part of my morning as brushing my teeth, lost 3.5lb so far.

Im struggling to get lumps out of the shakes but they are ok though couldnt take the chocolate at all, love the chicken soup, tried them as moose but not keen and tried adding coffie to vanilla as has been suggested I dont think I will try that again

I was worried about today, thought it might of been bad, going for a swim tonight, not too much as got a full day out tomorrow, lots of walking round ect. The bad day 3 I was expecting wont arrive on day 4 will it? I dont want to miss the show

How do you all de-lump the shakes?

How do I know my keytones (sp?) are working?

Weigh in was going to be Monday but bank holiday so have to wait till Tuesday

Zara

Well done on getting to day 3 - it does tend to get easier after the first few days. You may be in ketosis - everyone is different - though it does tend to happen about day 3 or 4. Do you have a funny taste in your mouth or sort off funny breath? That tends to be a cue. Also if you are not hungry that tends to be down to the ketones. I wouldn't worry too much as long as you are losing. Take care and enjoy the weight loss!

Re: lumps in the shakes - I use a shaker, which is really just a plastic bottle with a wire mesh ball in it, which seems to work fine.

Last edited:
Not a funny taste as such just a diffrent taste, a bit like a morning mouth before I brush my teeth. Hubby promised to tell me if I smell but hes not said anything.

I have a shaker fron boots but it still has lumps:sigh: I think I need a seive for it:D

Sounds like ketosis to me. I don't get the bad breath either - the only time I'm ever lucky. Is your shaker the one with the wire ball or with the plastic grid? I have the one with the wire ball - it seems to remove most lumps.

its a plastic grid that just sits in the top, its got really wide gaps in it its from the tony fergason range. Do you know if th LT on is better?

Not sure I got mine from all about w8 - it's great. I also bought a couple very similar online from a sports shop - can't remember which one - but they were cheaper - so it's worth shopping around.

I just Googled it and found one for £4 the site is called cheap-supplements UK - I don't think I'm allowed to post a link on here but google wire ball shaker and you should get there.

I use an electric whisk that I used to use for liquidizing baby food. It's great and makes it lovely & frothy.

Ive got a hand held blender which is fine for home but to big to take to work and a little whisk for frothing coffie but it leaves it really lumpy, i did better shaking it

I tried all the shakers and blended it for ages. The best of the whole lot was to use the LT shaker.

The shakes will get better tasting once you kill your tastebuds with the neurosis and eventually you can move onto the flapjacks in week 5.

I dont have a regullar work place, I go into diffrent clients homes to provide support somtimes 3 diffrent workplaces a day so what ever I need I have to take and carry with me. One place thinks its highly ammusing that I take/took my own knife and fork but often I am in a car for dinner so I have to be prepaired.

I quite like the shakes its just chocolate I dont like but I dont like hot chocolate, mcdonolds chocolate shakes, chocolate milk, coco pops or anything so there was never much hope for it really

I use the Kenwood Smoothie maker , £14 at Asda... drop in a little ice with the powder and it is lovely.

I tried ice for brekfast, it was just a shake with ice chips in, dont think I blended enough but the shake came out the top:cry: made a lovely mess to clean up.

Day 4, 5, 6, 7 100%:D

Day 8 :break_diet: Just a little slip but so cross with myself, there was no reason for it at all except I couldnt eat tea, I made moose my g*d I have never tasted anything so awful in all my life:eek: never again, I ate about 3/4 of it and couldnt face any more, tried to make it into shake:cry:

Day 9 great so far, first day back at work since I started, only a half day but my client always eats out I just had iced water.

When I got home my new shaker with the whisk like ball in it had arrived. Chucked everything in (powder and fiber clear) added water, good noisy shake and :D LUMP FREE SHAKE :D first one ive had that hasnt needed a blender so im all set for the air show on sunday and next weeks proper work days, thankyou for recomending it

Cooked first meal for the family tonight, hubbys been off for 2 weeks so he and daughter have been doing it for themselves

Been worrying about portion sizes so phoned up lipotrim, all they could offer was the refeed guide and said I absolutly had to refeed befor my Mums birthday meal:cry:really dont want to just for one night and the chemist lied to me when I went to be weighed I said I had a nasty taste and she said I could have sugar free gum as long as I dont eat the whole packet

Thanks for listening

Back