So Far To Go...

MissUno

World Class Oddball
Hello, I need a drop a lot of weight, at least 7stone, and am feeling terribly anxious and depressed about it all....so daunting.

I've been on my SW diet for a week and lost 8lbs, but that seems only a drop in the ocean when I picture the end goal.

I'm looking for a buddy really, or just to talk to people who have the same long road ahead, I'm so pleased to have stumbled across minimins.com and to see this category in the forums.

I'm wondering if anyone thinks it's possible for me to lose at least 5 stone by July, I can't do overly intense work-outs at the moment as I'm having back trouble. But hoping that will ease off once I've shed a few more pounds.

Hiya :) I know how you feel, I've just started 'again' on a diet to lose 8stone. Before christmas i had started on the diet, i lost 18lb, christmas came and i put half of it back on and i never got around to picking myself back up and starting again. - So i've started again!

You've done well losing 8lb, it shows you're on the road to success! The ammount seems so tiny against your over all goal, but it's better than nothing. :)

I think it's possible for you too lose 5stone by July (possibly more) if you're looking at 1 stone a month - which is my goal as well.

If you ever need a chat, i'd be quite happy to! :D

I have just joined here again, however i have come with a new mind set. I always end up failing cos i have so much to loose and its just so slow. i decided i would go for smaller targets. Eg i have lost 3 stone and actually feel better and people already comment.... Even though unbelievably i m still wearing the same clothes and i cant personal see any difference. But now i think just think how fab i will feel in 3 more stones time. So i decided to tackle my diet 3 stone at a time lol...... Good luck feel free to chat to me anytime!! i need buddies too lol and i ve done SW a few times b4!

Ah thanks. Yes, I suppose looking at it as "one stone a month" rather than "ahh got to lose all this weight by July!!!" It will make it easier. I suppose so long as I'm a good girl, and do at least some physical activity, even if it's just doing more walking. I should be able to do it.

Anyone can hit me up, too if they ever felt a want to do so. :) x

Ah thanks. Yes, I suppose looking at it as "one stone a month" rather than "ahh got to lose all this weight by July!!!" It will make it easier. I suppose so long as I'm a good girl, and do at least some physical activity, even if it's just doing more walking. I should be able to do it.

Anyone can hit me up, too if they ever felt a want to do so. :) x

First off, wow 8lb in first week is amazing!! :D Agree with what people said, got to look at it in small chunks or it will drive you crazy. I took it half a stone at a time and set goals like 'I'll loose one stone by this event' etc and that worked well for me. If you see it as this huge scary number it alost makes it seem impossible when it really isnt.. just chip away at it and over the months it will mount up.
Good luck hun xx

I agree with all the others, you shouldn't look at your big final goal yet. Set yourself small targets to achieve, add them to your signature, create some tickers, etc. Then once you can put a tick next to a minitarget, you have the feeling of having achieved something. Whereas if you wait for your target weight to look at your achievements, you will feel pretty down :(

5st look perfectly achievable. You can't exercise much now, probably because of your weight. Be careful don't overdo it.

Although I am not doing the same diet as you, I can be your buddy too :) I will try 5st by July as well, although with my wedding and honeymoon in the meantime, the weight loss may not be that fast :)

If you look at my details on the right, I have a lot to lose too. It is hard, but it can be done. Go and look in the Inspiration section of the forum as well. It helps! :)

Definitely aim for smaller target. Ive lost over 7 stone and have had at least 2 mini goals within every stone so that I can feel as though Im acheiving something even though it may just be a drop in the ocean for me. I have only 3 1/2 stones to go which now seems like nothing. Just one step at a time and you will get there even if its not quite as quickly as you would like.

You ladies are amazing, so inspirational.

Losing over 7stones is such an awesome achievement as well, makes me feel more like I can lose my weight again, too. I'll start thinking of some little goals to reach. I think it's my extreme personality that doesn't help, being all or nothing. Being a big girl and wanting to be a small girl at the snap of a finger, I put myself under too much pressure. I need to be more like yourselves and be reasonable and sensible about what is realistically achievable and in what space of time.

Thanks again :)

Hello, I need a drop a lot of weight, at least 7stone, and am feeling terribly anxious and depressed about it all....so daunting.

I've been on my SW diet for a week and lost 8lbs, but that seems only a drop in the ocean when I picture the end goal.

I'm looking for a buddy really, or just to talk to people who have the same long road ahead, I'm so pleased to have stumbled across minimins.com and to see this category in the forums.

I'm wondering if anyone thinks it's possible for me to lose at least 5 stone by July, I can't do overly intense work-outs at the moment as I'm having back trouble. But hoping that will ease off once I've shed a few more pounds.

Believe me, I know how you feel. I started out with over seven stone to lose. It is difficult and there are times when you might feel like it's impossible - but it isn't! :)

I've lost 5 stones now and have about two more to go. Now that I've lost that amount, two stone actually doesn't seem THAT much. As you get used to it and accustomed to the change of lifestyle, it becomes so much easier.

One thing I've always done is put "little" targets on my ticker. So my next target is 164 - that's not my ultimate goal weight - but it's attainable and I'll lower it again when I get there. Take it one step at a time, celebrate every pound lost and accept that there might be occasional set-backs. It's a huge learning experience and you shouldn't expect yourself to be 100% perfect over night. I've been going at this for well over a year and I'm still not 100% perfect. Set realistic goals; push yourself a bit more when you know you can try harder; be kind to yourself when you know you've done your best.

Good luck.

so far to go, but i wil get there

Hi everyone, your posts are really inspiring, i have been doing slimming world for over a year now, lost 4 stone in about 8 months, but holidays etc got in the way and i seem to have spent the last 4 months losing and gaining the same half stone over and over. i have always been big and still weigh in at just over 18 stone so long way to go, i agree with the little goals, when i have tried before it just seems such a daunting amount that i gave up, this time, i am taking the scenic route and know that i will get to a much healthier weight in the end, not sure what that weight wil be but much less than now or when i will get there, but i will. i really believe slimming world teaches you the way to eat forever. my main problem is planning, i work long hours often staying away and end up starving so go for the quickest options not the best ones, i can do it just need to be firm with myself. hope you will help me along the way and i will do my best to help you also

Back