So happy

Lovely_Laura

Moooooo
Hi everyone, just wanted to share how happy I am. You all know I have tons and tons still to lose but this week on holiday I discovered how much of a difference just 4 stones make. I actually went for a walk lol, I know that isn't very exciting but I kind of felt like a normal person. Matt and I went childfree for a few days to celebrate our anniversary and last night on our final evening I told him I wanted to go for a walk along the beach. Just a few weeks ago I couldn't manage the walk to the end of my road. I still couldn't manage a very long walk but the difference was that I wanted to do it and was going to push myself as far as I could go. We spent a lovely hour or so sitting at the end of the pier thing having a cuddle and it was the first time I've felt normal for many years. The day before our friend took us for a wander around York, I haven't been into a town centre for years. I was exhausted by the time we got back to the car but I somehow managed! I just can't imagine how fun and exciting life will be once I am a normal weight.:D

good for you, i can imagine how good it must feel to have 4 stone less to carry. thats the equvilant of a couple of toddlers lol. what plan are you following? x

I just do red and green on SW. Generally alternate it day by day but every couple of weeks I'll do a whole red or green week. I haven't found EE to work so well for me but it's probably just my own fault.:eek:

i only really do ee, might go back to alternating to see if my body likes it now. i never really lost doing green and its been slow with ee, but as long as its coming off that's all that matters, eh?

it was the first time I've felt normal for many years.

Ah, bless you Laura. That's wonderful :D:D

BTW, I live in York so I hope you enjoyed yourself on your day out :D

Thanks Lucky Cat, I did enjoy it York is a lovely town. We were rained on the whole time but nevermind.:D

Ahh laura thats great i cant wait untill i start feeling like that !

i know wot you mean i walk to the top of my road and im knackered!

can i ask,...u do red and green like me but then sometimes you do i week just red and then one week just green !!!

when you do it like that is that when you have the big losses?

Hi Tanny yes I do seem to have my biggest losses on an all green week but not every time. In fact the first whole green week I did I lost 9lbs so decided to do it again, the following I only lost 1/2.:sigh:, It seems to work better if I do all green maybe once a month. I did it last week and had a big loss after some really rubbish weigh in's doing mixed weeks so I think perhaps it works like a good boost. All red weeks have given some decent losses too, I know alot of people find red seems to work well. It's just so expensive! It's very strange though, our bodies can be so weird. Looking back on the all green weeks I'm not sure whether it's the food or the amount I eat though. It may just be because I'm eating quite a bit more so my body relaxes and lets the weight go. My friend swears by kick starting his body one day a week (he doesn't do SW just a very low calorie diet I think) and he says that one night a week of pizza or curry seems to help his body for the rest of the week. I'm not suggesting we do that on SW but I think the green works in a similar way. IF I were to count calories doing a green week I'm sure I'd be eating far more than when I do red. Hope that makes sense.:)

Cheers laura hun,

yeah i know wot your meaning!
i normally do green wednesdays red thursdaays green fridays red sat green sun etc etc

i think i might try that next week!
either just all red or all green and see wot happens!!

:D

Hi Laura. Just wanted to say you are doing fantastic. I find everyone on here so so inspiring. I have 9 stone to lose and i know it can be so daunting. But the fact that you were able to go for a walk and have a cuddle must have made you feel so proud. Well done hun.x

Hi everyone, just wanted to share how happy I am. You all know I have tons and tons still to lose but this week on holiday I discovered how much of a difference just 4 stones make. I actually went for a walk lol, I know that isn't very exciting but I kind of felt like a normal person. Matt and I went childfree for a few days to celebrate our anniversary and last night on our final evening I told him I wanted to go for a walk along the beach. Just a few weeks ago I couldn't manage the walk to the end of my road. I still couldn't manage a very long walk but the difference was that I wanted to do it and was going to push myself as far as I could go. We spent a lovely hour or so sitting at the end of the pier thing having a cuddle and it was the first time I've felt normal for many years. The day before our friend took us for a wander around York, I haven't been into a town centre for years. I was exhausted by the time we got back to the car but I somehow managed! I just can't imagine how fun and exciting life will be once I am a normal weight.:D

You have every right to feel so happy and proud of yourself:D. What a lovely post!

Your walk along the beach must have felt like such an achievement and walking around York takes some doing, I know, it's where I am!!..lol

Best Wishes,

Isis x :)

Thanks everyone for being so happy for me and supportive. It was quite a milestone and I knew you'd understand how much it means to me. Funny so many people should live in York on minimins.:)

While on holiday I weighed at a different SW group (and met a fellow miniminer there!) to keep me on track and when it said I'd lost 11lbs I was so pleased but sure it was the scales being different. Well today I weighed at the gym to check, they're always a little different there and weigh me a bit heavier but they agreed, in fact they put me at 1.5lbs lighter than on Tuesday.:eek: I'm not going to worry now about gaining on Tuesday when I weigh, it's been at the back of my mind all week that I'd have a huge gain when I got on my normal scales at group.

Finally my rubbish losses have gone, for now at least!

Hug's for you all x

Laura your doing so so well, I bet you felt amazing walking along that beach! just think of all the things you will beable to do with another 4 stones off :woohoo::woohoo:
I feel alot better with 4 stones off too, just bring on the next 4 now!! :D your doing fab xx

laura you've lost (pretty much) 10 bmi points, thats absolutely amazing x

You know I hadn't even noticed that, thanks for pointing it out! Ooo that's pretty cool.:D

Back