So here is where we start....

cans1983

Hi,

Thought I would join in and start my own diary. Hopefully it will help me become more accountable and feel more positive about this weight loss.

I have been overweight since I can remember, at least from the age of 10. Always wanted to feel comfortable in my own skin and not managed it yet. I suffer from anxiety and depression and my selfconfidence is low so I'm doing this for me. Because I want too. Not because others think I should.

Started at the gym two weeks ago. Was weighed on the 26th June and weighed 19st 10lbs with 53% body fat. Within this gym membership we meet once a week as a group and have a group workout too.

So I have just started writing down my food and will put calories in from tomorrow although was under 1600 today. Went swimming this evening and swam 40 lengths so was pleased as over a week ago could barely manage 20. Really pleased with my progress :)

Hoping that tomorrow will be a good day and that the trainer doesn't kill me tomorrow evening...

Day 1 of diary complete... Just need to keep this going and learn to make healthier choices xxx

Day 2.

Started of this day well with food choices and even making my own lunch which I normally find difficult as I love my bed.....

Had sultana bran. Brown bread and chicken for lunch and a banana.

Then went to the gym for my meeting...... Oh my god.... It took me 30 minutes to get ready afterwards, my legs were jelly... It was so difficult. The gravity machines are damn hard to do!!!!! The trainer was really pushing me too.

Getting up the stairs was hard work when I got home. Now lying on my bed thinking about having some dinner as only had 800 calories today... Have to have something but it's hard work to move...

I'll get there though.

Has been a positive day and feel good doing this.

Weighed myself today, two weeks after starting and I'm doing to 19st 2lbs so that's an 8lb loss. Whoop whoop xxx

Hi. Well done with all the gym work. 8 pounds is a fantastic loss! Well done! You should be proud!

I shall stick around to support. :)

Hi. Well done with all the gym work. 8 pounds is a fantastic loss! Well done! You should be proud!

I shall stick around to support. :)

Thanks hun. I'm proud. Definitely in the right direction just hoping I can continue it :) And thanks for the support... It will be needed xxx

Hi!! Wow you are doing so well hitting gym like that. What's a gravity machine?

X

Hi there and thanks, it's hard work but enjoying the feeling I get afterwards. It's a machine where you do things like squats, row etc.... All of which your doing against gravity which makes it harder, it's aerobic and muscle use.... Damn hard xxx

Right. Day 4.... Missed yesterdays post as had to take my mum to the hotel for her flight, had a rest day and was a little naughty and shared a baked camebert with her.... Whoop and I was achy as hell.

Today has been good, although was cursing my trainer so many times as my legs and arms were so painful....

Food wise I've been good....
Breakfast - sultana bran
Lunch - wholemeal bread and chicken sandwich.
Dinner (was at a friends and needed to eat before my swim) cheese and ham sandwich. But only had one and usually would have had two.

Then I went for a swim. Did 40 lengths but took me a lot longer than last time, maybe because I was achy but also had a disaster with my hair constantly coming out of the band, goggles steaming up and not being able to see a thing... Didn't enjoy it like I normally do but pushed on.

I did say to myself that I was going to be happy with anything over 20 lengths. But I know what I'm like, if I've done a certain number of lengths before I feel like I have to do the same again and once I was in the pool I knew I would be disappointed with less than 40. Is anyone else like that.

Going out tomorrow night and going to treat myself so won't be counting calories, although hoping to get to the gym in the morning so I won't feel too guilty......

Hope everyone else has had a good day :)

40 lengths is great! You should be proud of yourself! I love swimming but had to cancel my membership because I couldn't really afford it!

Thanks, I'm pleased with it, want to get up to 64 though as that's 1 mile. I have made some changes so I can afford it, otherwise it would be tough for me too xxx

Ok missed a few days here.

Saturday was a good day I did an hour and 20 minutes in the gym, which was damn hard due to the heat but I knew I had to do it as was going out to an all you could eat buffet... Now I ate quite a bit but not as much as I would have done.

Sunday I had a rest day although spent the day by a pool, sunbathing. Swimming a little and some walking around. Had sultana bran flakes, a tuna pasta which I bulked out with peas and used a spicy tomato pasta sauce so no mayo that I normally do.

Today... Had a nightmare day at work dealing with armed response unit... Managed to grab some weetabix for breakfast. Some more of the pasta for lunch but only Finally managed to get that down me at 4pm. Went out for dinner and have a chicken ceasar salad which is apparently only 650 calories. So did good. Only just got home so wasn't able to go to the gym. Thinking about swimming in the morning but I'm really not sure that I'll be able to get up at 6.30 in the morning.... If not will go to the gym in the evening.... I hope lol.

Anyway hoping that I have still lost some weight this week, weigh in on Wednesday so hope to keep going. Managed to keep away from the haribo too so I'm a happy bunny. Hope everyone else is doing well xxx

Hiya, yes been hectic but fun.

Had weigh in today and lost 3 1/4 lbs so that's a total of 11 1/4 in total in 3 weeks. I'm now under 19st so I'm happy. Really pleased I got under it, hopefully by next week I will have lost a stone but anything I will be pleased with.

Had another workout session today with 20 minutes on spin bikes and 25 minutes on evil gravity machines. All good :) xxx

Well its been a while since I've posted in my diary. Been hectic here, had to go north to see my grandmother as she was in hospital, working a lot and dealing with issues there. Trying to fit friends and gym in has been a little difficult but managed a few. When I weighed in last Wednesday I had dropped to 18st 9lbs so was pleased. 15lbs dropped so I'm a happy bunny.

Got my half way through weigh in on Wednesday for the 6 week progress which I'm kinda excited about as waist measurements taken along with weight and percentage bodyfat.... Let's hope I've lost.... We shall see what happens.

This weekend is going to be quite tough, have my nephew's birthday party so lots of naughty things.... Will have to work out at the gym before hand tomorrow but just need to make sure that I get my butt out of bed first...... Let's hope I manage it and don't eat too much rubbish. Xxx

Well the party went well but my food consumption not so good. Managed to leave earlier than I thought and took my friends sister home. Ended up chatting to her until 11pm so didn't go to the gym as planned *sigh*

Stupidly weighed myself this morning and apparently I have put on 3lbs how I don't know, because I haven't eaten that much. Although did cook cakes the day before and had to try them so that may explain it. Also drank lots of diet coke and very little water so again may have had an impact.... Oh and yeah did have a few iced donuts so maybe I know why :eek:

Managed to get to the gym tonight and did an hour on the bike and 30 minute swim so hopefully that will help. Plan to go again tomorrow before my weigh in with the personal trainer on Wednesday. Was really looking forward to that weigh in, now not so much.... Never mind I have another 6 weeks after that of the programme so really hoping I can keep on the straight and narrow.

Any encouragement I could get would be greatly appreciated.... Have done well for 4 weeks but apparently continuing it has been difficult....

Let's hope tomorrow is a better day.

Hi Cans,

You are doing so well being at the gym and swimming!! I am well and truly inspired to get myself moving more. Every time you eat just think of all that hard work you put in at the gym, do you really want to un do it by eating rubbish??

I find when I work out in the morning it really deters me faltering during the day because I cannot bear to ruin all the hard work I had just done.

Also, don't weigh yourself at home at all if you are being weighed else where. Depending on time of day, scale fluctuations etc etc you can get very different results. Its not worth upsetting yourself / building your hopes up, only to see a different number on your "real" weigh in.

I think you're doing great, keep it up!!

x

Hi Cans,

You are doing so well being at the gym and swimming!! I am well and truly inspired to get myself moving more. Every time you eat just think of all that hard work you put in at the gym, do you really want to un do it by eating rubbish??

I find when I work out in the morning it really deters me faltering during the day because I cannot bear to ruin all the hard work I had just done.

Also, don't weigh yourself at home at all if you are being weighed else where. Depending on time of day, scale fluctuations etc etc you can get very different results. Its not worth upsetting yourself / building your hopes up, only to see a different number on your "real" weigh in.

I think you're doing great, keep it up!!

x

Hi double girl.

Thank you for your message, your right I needed to get my focus back. Had my official weigh in today. 18st 10.75lbs.... So its 13lbs off in the last 5 weeks. Your right I shouldn't weigh in so often but struggle with the fact that I have to wait 6 weeks.

Had the group as well today, but no one else turned up so I had a complete personal training session on my own. So I am pleased but aching, she got me doing interval running.... Managed to run for 1 min and 15 seconds without stopping in 25 minutes. Think I probably did a total of 8 minutes running in the 25 minutes so I am pleased with myself. Been a long time since I've run.

Now dinner, although very late only going to have cereal though so can't be too bad.

Xxx

Hi well done with all your progress so far. I'm in pretty much the same situation. I started the my diet and the gym last week i do at least an hour a day 5 times a week and eat about 1000 calories a day. I'm way too scared to weigh myself. I know the calorie intake is quite low but my plan is to lose the weight quite quickly and then maintain my weight. I have lost weight before I lost 3 stone but I recently got married and had a baby and piled on a lot of weight. I have set myself a stone a month target for the next 3 months then I know that weight loss slows down so it's half a stone after that. Ideally I think I need to lose 5/6 stone and that would bring me down to a size 8/10. I just keep thinking if I don't do it now I will never be able to do it! I was also looking for motivation. Unfortunately my partner isn't so good at motivating me.

Hi there,

Thanks for your message. Not good that your partner is not that supportive of you losing weight. Just try and find out why if you can and otherwise just think screw it, when you start losing and getting more confidence and feeling happier he will get on board.

Well today I haven't eaten much, just haven't been hungry. Went to the gym for 2 hours as well, know that I need to eat so making my dinner now... Won't be until 10 when I get to eat it. Need to buy some quicker meals I think so that I can eat sooner after getting home. Either that or have dinner before I leave work and then go to the gym.... And just have a snack when I get home.

At the gym did 25 mins on the treadmill, mix of running and walking and then 1 hour and 5 minute call down on the bike, followed by 30 mins on the gravity machine....

Pleased with that, just got to sort out my eating now.

Hoping this is going to be a good weekend. I'm pretty achy right now, but hoping to get to the gym at least one more time this weekend.

Hope everyone else is doing well xxx

Wow, its been a while since ive posted. Was doing well in exercise if not the diet. Had a week break due to illness but I can't get back into it. Anyone else had this problem and how on earth do I find my motivation back.........

Hopes I can find my motivation again.. xxc

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back