So how does sw actually work?

Well done, sounds as if youre well in the zone!Image Therapy certainly helps, they say those who stay to I T lose more. :)

IT is brilliant, I find it so useful and motivational. I feel lost if I've had a week where I couldn't stay to IT for whatever reason. I really believe that being in the right place head-wise to lose weight is so important.

I know couldn't have done what I am doing now a year ago. Now I have something positive, something I want more than anything to aim towards I am finally losing weight. And it's not even that hard because I want it to happen. I've learned willpower, something I honestly thought I didn't have. I couldn't have a multipack of chocolate in the house before because I would eat them all in one go. I couldn't leave food on my plate, even if I was full. I can now and the only thing that has changed is my head and the fact that I am ready to lose weight.

Long may it continue :)

No disrespect but we ll feel like eating, thats how we got fat in the first place but if you want to lose weight you fight your urges to pig out and eat sensibly as its only a matter of time till you stop losing weight doing it the way you are and you will have learned nothing in the process
I know, I definitely could do with changing my relationship with food, particularly my sweet tooth and my thing that if it's there, I'll eat it even if I'm not really hungry (I always clean my plate). In terms of how I got to this state, I haven't had any real weight issues before (ok maybe half a stone over before I had each of my babies) - it's 3 stone of post pregnancy weight that I'm trying to shift. I'm on medication for depression which increases my appetite so that probably isn't helping much!

I think this is one of the beauties of SW, you can test it out and eat lots of Superfree and free food and STILL loose weight. You might find in a few weeks your tastes/apetite changes naturally and you'll eat smaller portions.

For me it took a week were I gained when I thought I'd been GOOD. I write down all of my syned foods to keep track and accountable and I sat in IT sulking for a bit, then I highlighted everything I'd ate that week just because I COULD. The cake at work, the extra hifi bar, the packet of baked crisps, the extra babybel... All on plan and all synned but eaten because I was bored/ tired/ pissed off etc NOT because I was hungry. This was a real eye opener for me.

So now when I'm opening the fridge door looking for some free food to munch just because, I have a second thought about why I'm standing there and am I really hungry? If I am I'll have a proper meal (jacket potato and beans or a large salad) rather than 4 yoghurts in a row over the course of an hour and a half.

I know, I definitely could do with changing my relationship with food, particularly my sweet tooth and my thing that if it's there, I'll eat it even if I'm not really hungry (I always clean my plate). In terms of how I got to this state, I haven't had any real weight issues before (ok maybe half a stone over before I had each of my babies) - it's 3 stone of post pregnancy weight that I'm trying to shift. I'm on medication for depression which increases my appetite so that probably isn't helping much!

This medication might be why your eating habits are like this, do you notice a change not being on the meds?
I'm on the contraceptive pill atm and always just thought my huge appetite was my greed until I took a month off this pill and 15 pound dropped off me in a month just because my huge desire to eat all the time went, I was eating when I was hungry which was at normal times, not every second of the day.
Unfortunately I am now back on this pill and still searching for another brand which is right for me and won't increase my appetite :(

This medication might be why your eating habits are like this, do you notice a change not being on the meds?
I'm on the contraceptive pill atm and always just thought my huge appetite was my greed until I took a month off this pill and 15 pound dropped off me in a month just because my huge desire to eat all the time went, I was eating when I was hungry which was at normal times, not every second of the day.
Unfortunately I am now back on this pill and still searching for another brand which is right for me and won't increase my appetite :(

I should be off the hungry pills in a few months so hopefully that will help! I also eat way too fast and I just can't get my head around chewing 20 times etc. I'm going to try the Paul McKenna CD which apparently involves exactly this...

Back