So I cut down my free foods and . . .

I find that I naturally adjust after a few weeks - I'm on week three and to begin with I just eat a lot (which is why I like SW) and still lose weight. This week I've found that I don't want to eat as much - I have mugshots as my lunch not as a snack.

Funny I used mug shots as an example and have never eating one in my life !!! lol xxxx My weakness has been shear volume like a sachet of uncle ben's rice at lunchtime with some cottege cheeses and an apple and pow 570 calories xxx

Well done Rosie, I watched the other thread with interest and I'm not surprised you lost this week. I think maybe SW should reintroduce SE for members nearing target. It makes such adifference when you factor in Mullers, Mug shots and the like. I'll definately be cutting these out from now on and replacing them with more fruit and fresh cooked pasta.

I'm a firm believer that snacks should be fruit and veg only and I think SW will bring this in eventually - you can see the beginnings of it with the "make superfree foods your first choice for snacks" advice in the books.
When EE started the third superfree was advisable, now it is mandatory so things are changing.

I'm really not sure watching the calories works long term but as you have proven (and others) it does open your eyes to where the extra calories are coming from. Someone at my group was eating 8 mullers a day (really!!), that's 800 snack calories.

So, my opinion is this - snack on fruit and veg and you won't go far wrong.

Funny I used mug shots as an example and have never eating one in my life !!! lol xxxx My weakness has been shear volume like a sachet of uncle ben's rice at lunchtime with some cottege cheeses and an apple and pow 570 calories xxx

This thread is very interesting. Yes, I think this is my problem too - too much free food!

I think the volume of food is an issue for me. I could polish off a whole packet of pasta n sauce for lunch, with some salad plus a muller. That must be lots of calories! And then I wondor why I can't get back to target after Xmas and New Year !

I always try to do more Red than Green and to limit my carbs intake on a Red day. I think perhaps now I should also limit my yogurt intake and cut back on my low-syn All Bran cakes.

Well done Rosie on your 2lb loss. You have inspired me!

xx

I have a packet of Cheese Leek & Ham Pasta 'n' Sauce here (got it in my Slimmer of the Week basket - I don't eat things from packets so I will be giving it to my impoverished student friend!).

The calorie content of the whole packet (dry, not made up) is 469!!!!

I have a packet of Cheese Leek & Ham Pasta 'n' Sauce here (got it in my Slimmer of the Week basket - I don't eat things from packets so I will be giving it to my impoverished student friend!).

The calorie content of the whole packet (dry, not made up) is 469!!!!

EEK!

Food Optimising - how it works - off slimming world, I
You may have tried obsessive calorie or point counting, calculating portion sizes, eating nothing but cabbage soup or living on grapefruit and eggs. Didn’t work, did it? We guarantee you need never put yourself through any of that again.

Will I have to make drastic changes to the way I eat?
Make no mistake, even though there is nothing you cannot eat, you will be making changes to your eating patterns. It just won't have the associated pain and anxiety you may have come to expect from ‘dieting’ - because you won't be going hungry and you won't be checking / weighing / measuring / assessing every food you eat for its calorie / points content. That really is pure, old-fashioned, unenlightened, misinformed thinking and the best way to fail long-term. This isn't opinion, this is well-documented, evidence-based fact.

Will I be hungry?
Absolutely not! Any slimming system that leaves you hungry is destined to fail. That's one of the reasons why having a limited number of calories / points fails again and again. Once you've run out of points, you have no choice but to go hungry or 'break' your diet. It's important to understand that you didn't fail, the diet failed you. Free Foods are an integral part of Food Optimising, and yes, you can eat as much of these foods as you like. When you become a member, you will gain access to a list of hundreds of Free Foods online, and tonnes of information to help ensure that you never go hungry again.

How much can I eat?
With Food Optimising you eat until you're satisfied. You're actively encouraged to eat, as opposed to not eat. You're actively encouraged to pile your plate high with normal, everyday foods that will satisfy the heartiest appetite. And the foods that we'll be asking you to 'lighten up' on by eating in generous quantities are also the foods that will give you maximum protection against cancer, heart disease, strokes, diabetes, high blood pressure and a whole range of health problems that are caused by poor nutrition.

What are Free Foods?
Free Foods are just one of the many features of Food Optimising that sets it apart from other ‘diets’. We recognise that to lose weight healthily, comfortably and with life-long success, slimmers need and want to eat lots of 'real' food, not diet food! A plate of food when you are Food Optimising will certainly be full - as full as you like - but it is what it is filled with that will help you lose pounds, not pile them on. There’s an incredible choice of hundreds of Free Foods for you to choose from - this list contains a massive variety of delicious, satisfying foods that you can eat as much of as you like. There's no measuring, weighing or counting – no kidding - you need never be hungry again!

Yeah, but what do you do when this just doesn't work? You have to look at volume. If you stick to it 100%, and reduced the syns, then there is no-where else to go.

Lynda

Not sure what your point is relating to this thread. This is about when people like myself and others are nearing target and are not able to eat the free foods freely without putting on weight. It was brilliant at the beginning but sadly my appetite hasn't changed so even when I do it 100% my weight will not change in the right direction

From Ilovelife's post:

How much can I eat?
With Food Optimising you eat until you're satisfied

A plate of food when you are Food Optimising will certainly be full - as full as you like

The top statement is perfectly clear to me. The bottom statement is where we all get confused. Stick with the top one and you won't go wrong.

How many of us come on here feeling depressed and angry because we're doing everything right and not losing weight. We've piled our plates high with free food and eaten the lot. And loads of free snacks. Great. Were we really hungry? Perhaps. Did we really need THAT much food? Nope. Satisfied. An overlooked word i think! xxx

That's it. I expect we all eat for so many reasons other than because we are hungry. While I don't often eat until uncomfortable, to be honest, I can, and do, eat food, that I don't really need. That is what I am gonna have to cut back on if I want to lose. It's all very well saying you can eat as much as you like, if you want it eat it, but this doesn't work for all, especially the ones that have less to lose, or perhaps, who's diet was fairly good before they started.

Lynda

that's brilliant Brightenrosie, glad you had success this week.

I have to admit I have never understood why batchelor savoury rices etc are free, they are really high in calories and not what I would call nutritious at all if you look at the ingredients.

I often wonder if slimming world have some shares in batchelor's product lol

Yeah, shares in batchelor's, muller lights, frylight, alpen lights, etc! it's a conspiracy!!!! x

Back