So I fell off the wagon, but Im back on again now

Vikx993

So I started the Dukan in September 2011 I have lost 5 stone. I have another 2 to go and I hit the wall, oh boy I hit it hard. This past week and a bit I have pretty much eaten what I wanted...with in reason...ish....I have gained 3lb which I dont think is to bad, also it may be muscle as I play roller derby for the local team (mean valley roller girls) Shameful pimp right there ahem ;)

So as of yesterday Ive been back on, I have faltered once and eaten about 3 of the mini lindor Easter eggs, the tiny ones. Fingers crossed that wont do any harm. Im getting though sugar free gum like there is no tomorrow though, the new Strawberry extra is AMAZING!

Just want some words of motivation and if any one here has struggled with their last few stone? I want to loose it Oh boy I want to, but with doing 7 + hours a week derby training I am really suffering with carb cravings, any tips on how to deal with that? Also any tips or awesome foods out there just to liven up the ole dukan meal times? I have all of his cook books and at the mo and following his Attack Phase week meal plan for the life plan book ( I think it was called that) but changing bits, as I hate sea food (apart from tinned tuna) and I hate eggs lol (great diet for me then eh ;) )

has any one managed a dukan friendly stew? Oh man I would love a stew?

Any way enough of me rambling on,

Ta!!

I've just jumped back on the wagon, but since I'm back at square one, I can't comment on the whole last few stone thing!

As for the stew, I LOVE my slow cooker and these are a couple that I like:

On a PV day beef stew: Decent amount of diced beef (around 900g), sliced onion, crushed garlic, diced carrot, mushrooms, bay leaf, pepper and some other herbs (e.g. sage/oregano as prefered). Brown the beef then chuck in a slow cooker with all other ingredients and some water. DH gets his stew served with a jacket spud and I take mine as is. If you like you can also adapt by adding a tin of tomatoes for a slight twist.

On a PP/PV day try my garlic lemon chicken:
8 chicken breasts, 1 tsp oregano, sliced lemon, 6 crushed garlic cloves, 1 tsp parsley, 12 shallots, rosemary sprigs. Brown the chicken breasts then chuck in a slow cooker with all the other ingredients. Add a little water and black pepper. Cook on high for 3 hrs/low 6 hrs. DH gets his with new potatoes & green beans. I have it on its own on a PP or with green beans on a PV.

For PV days I also do a nice stew with tuna steak, green peppers, paprika, chili and tinned tomatoes. Spanish with a slight twist. Or I do one with diced chicken breasts, green peppers, black olives, tomato & moroccan herbs. Yum :)

It's worth googling crockpot or slow cooker recipes - that's what I did and just adapt them to the DD.

Cheryl x

Back