So I'm joining SW tonight...

Loulouloser

and I have one big concern (cutting down wine, cheese, and bread of course!) and that's how to manage my collection of receipes.... I have memory recipes, recipe books, old favourites...... Is there a way to covert these?

I guess this will all be covered tonight but as I don't really have any pals near by on SW, I am just eager to ask!

Any tips or tricks?

Hiya!

Welcome aboard!! There is a recipe section in the forum, so you can definitely ask in there. The only thing I would say, is to be careful if you Google SW recipes, as some of them I find are quite out of date and not 100% accurate! Once you join tonight, you will get access to the books to explain how everything works, there's an app with a food search etc... Things will become a lot clearer tonight when it is explained what you can eat freely and other stuff you need to 'syn' or be a bit more careful with... Once you get your head around that, then I would check on here for SW recipes for things you like. Once you are doing it for a few weeks, it will become second nature to you!

Best of luck! Let us know how it goes tonight!

There are so many knowledgeable and inspiring people on these boards, so definitely ask if you have any questions!!

Hey! Welcome and best of luck tonight!

If you're someone that enjoys cooking and coming up with recipes, you'll probably actually have a lot of fun making adaptations of recipes. Rather than depriving yourself of things, SW is all about making healthy swaps and being naughty in moderation. Most of my recipe adaptations have just been a matter of cutting down on cheese and sugar, so yours could be similar. In any case, everyone will be happy to help you convert and substitute!

Where abouts are you? Perhaps some members are nearby, you never know, and SW groups are supposed to encourage friendships! ;)

Let us know how it goes x

Back