So...... Ive made a decision....

cheekychick81

Gold Member
Ive decided to transfer over to the Cambridge diet. It been a toughy to decide but its done. There are a few reasons, firstly the range of flavours is soooooo much bigger but the main reason is that i have a LONG journey ahead of me!! I am having really bad food cravings after 2 weeks still. When i last did LT i did it for 3 1/2 months and the cravings never went. I think its unlikely they will this time and i think the CD will help with this as they recommend at my weight i have 1 protein and salad meal a day as well as 3 shakes. I know this might slow my weight loss down slightly but it might help me stick to it longer in the long term. THe reason i stopped last time was i got to breaking point and just snapped and literally ate the world!!

So there you go:) you guys are awesome and if i only have another 2 stone to loose id be sticking with you but i have at least 8 stone still ill be happy and its just too long a time to fight cravings!!

im still on the LT for another week so ill be around.

I hope your all not too disapointed with me:)

Ive decided to transfer over to the Cambridge diet. It been a toughy to decide but its done. There are a few reasons, firstly the range of flavours is soooooo much bigger but the main reason is that i have a LONG journey ahead of me!! I am having really bad food cravings after 2 weeks still. When i last did LT i did it for 3 1/2 months and the cravings never went. I think its unlikely they will this time and i think the CD will help with this as they recommend at my weight i have 1 protein and salad meal a day as well as 3 shakes. I know this might slow my weight loss down slightly but it might help me stick to it longer in the long term. THe reason i stopped last time was i got to breaking point and just snapped and literally ate the world!!

So there you go:) you guys are awesome and if i only have another 2 stone to loose id be sticking with you but i have at least 8 stone still ill be happy and its just too long a time to fight cravings!!

im still on the LT for another week so ill be around.

I hope your all not too disapointed with me:)

I don't blame you coz it isn't an easy diet really and I'm on my 6th week (I think) and I still have lots of food cravings and still feel hungry so I think you have to do whats best for you and no-one will think less of you at all, Lots of luck to you x:):)

Hi cheekychick

Good luck on the CD. This weight loss journey is such a difficult one that I think we have to decide what is best for us as an individual. My pharmacist said no matter what diet you were on, Rosemary Conley, WW, CD etc etc etc, if you were not in the right frame of mind it wouldn't work. All diets work...we just have to STICK with it.
You seem to be in an excellent frame of mind...so keep trekking :talk017: We'll be watching lol!!

Thanks guys:) had i not done LT before i know i would just grin and bear it and hoping the cravings stopped, i know thats not going to happen so im just doing what i thinks best:)

like i said ill be around for another week... then busy deciding which of my 32 flavours to choose for each meal lol:)

i switched to CD from LT. LT was great but the variety in CD is nicr and helps stop those cravings plus you have the option of adding a meal if you can take the shakes for too long. I am losing exactly the same as on LT. dont worry, whatever diet you chose we are all aiming in the same direction right? support is needed no matter what diet you are on. good luck. See you on the cd threads?

Hi Cheekychick,
want to wish you the best of luck with CD, it really doesn't matter what diet people do once it suits them and I hope it suits you. It must be hard to get cravings all the time, thankfully I don't get any - hopefully it will always be that way but at least if I do I know there are other options so that this journey isn't over but rather changed direction. Best of luck and stay in touch.
Doirin

i switched to CD from LT. LT was great but the variety in CD is nicr and helps stop those cravings plus you have the option of adding a meal if you can take the shakes for too long. I am losing exactly the same as on LT. dont worry, whatever diet you chose we are all aiming in the same direction right? support is needed no matter what diet you are on. good luck. See you on the cd threads?

Thanks wellandgood :) im glad it seems ive made a good decision. do you add a meal in? if so what?? ill def be seeing you on the CD boards:)

whats the difference between the 2 diets??
CD has a larger variety of flavours and is quite yummy if you ask me, plus they have ready to go shakes in tetra packs and lovely bars. they also offer more than one diet so if you want you can add low calorie meals with different plans if the shakes dont suit. PLUS, you get GREAT support with a trained counsellor. sorry LT'ers. LT is great too. just different with no options.:wave_cry:

whats the difference between the 2 diets??

i think there pretty similar... similar amount of calories and price. Theres an option of adding a meal in a day if you have a lot to lose and there are 32 flavours to choose from... other than that you can find stuff on the web site if your interested. LT is fantastic but as i said before i have a LOT of weight to lose so need all the help i can get:)

Thanks wellandgood :) im glad it seems ive made a good decision. do you add a meal in? if so what?? ill def be seeing you on the CD boards:)
We can chat over on the CD fourm, maybe it isnt fair to talk about CD here. and mention food??? PM me if you want

We can chat over on the CD fourm, maybe it isnt fair to talk about CD here. and mention food??? PM me if you want

lol of course... SORRY guys:)

Nobody is dissapointed in you ... you trator! hahaha im only messing!

You have to do what is best for you chick, and if you dont think your going to cope on LT try something else - i hope it works out for you!

Be sure to still pop by in here and let us all know how you are doing :) xxxx

Nobody is dissapointed in you ... you trator! hahaha im only messing!

You have to do what is best for you chick, and if you dont think your going to cope on LT try something else - i hope it works out for you!

Be sure to still pop by in here and let us all know how you are doing :) xxxx

ill definately be dropping by x

glad to hear it :D

Everyones journey is different and you have to do whats right for you. I switched to refeed and healthy eating after 7 weeks because it was right for me. I still have a way to go but lipotrim gave me a wonderful boost (2 st 6 lbs) and I still think its a fantastic diet . Best of luck to you on the CD . Hope it makes all your wishes come true:D:D:D

I made the same decision and am on my 10th day of Cambridge and I have found compared to LT it feels so much less restrictive even though I am SS. Losses are still the same and there is so much choice. It was the tetras which was the real decider for me as it makes my life soooo much easier. Its still Sole Source if you want but you can also go up the programme if you need to even if its just for a short time. Wish you well with it.
My CDC is lovely and I have found this friendly approach so much nicer than the pharmacy 5 minute 'chat'.

I made the same decision and am on my 10th day of Cambridge and I have found compared to LT it feels so much less restrictive even though I am SS. Losses are still the same and there is so much choice. It was the tetras which was the real decider for me as it makes my life soooo much easier. Its still Sole Source if you want but you can also go up the programme if you need to even if its just for a short time. Wish you well with it.
My CDC is lovely and I have found this friendly approach so much nicer than the pharmacy 5 minute 'chat'.

thanks leanbean.... im really looking forward to it:)

Back