So quiet...

Starbuck88

Hi! I’m new here. I’m just having a look around and couldn’t help noticing a lot of areas have had no posts for weeks or even months... Is it always so quiet around the forum? 🤷‍♀️ I’m hoping it’ll get busier in the new year as I need the moral support 😅 I’ve been a bit hopeless when I have tried to do it on my own 🤦‍♀️😂

Yes, good point - I’m sure a lot of people aren’t really thinking about dieting at Christmas time! I’ll stick around and wait for people to come back in the new year for sure :) Thanks for your reply!

It used to be super busy, I’ve not been on here for ages, but I guess now with social media it’s instant to go on there and people be on? I’m not sure?

I guess a lot of people do use Facebook and Instagram now rather than the old Internet way of forums and message boards. With groups on social media I can see that a lot of people would feel less need to log into a forum. I like the old ways though - I would vote to bring back MSN and proper web browsing any day! 👩‍💻

I know this thread is 5 years old now. But the beauty of this forum has always been the privacy. Social media is so public and yes there are so many groups to support whatever diet you’re doing but to me they’re great to read but I don’t post on them.
I’m not shouting to everyone in my life about losing weight. Very few people know. It’s not a secret but I don’t need to tell everyone. I’ve been getting on with it and that’s why it’s great to be able to come here and see everyone’s ideas, offer support and get us to where we need to be.
I have dipped in and out here over the years since I first joined many years ago. It would be great to get a thriving group back up.

I suppose we could try and promote Minimins via other social medias, maybe Mumsnet rather than Facebook for example? Not sure how well it would go down though, as if we were trying to poach people 😆.

I used to be very very active on here. In this name and as another account I can't reclaim. It's sad to see it so quiet.

I used to be very very active on here. In this name and as another account I can't reclaim. It's sad to see it so quiet.
Hi. It’s picking up a bit now. Best to all come together in one place and support eachother rather than in the separate diet sections. Join our X days till Christmas thread in Challenges- we’re in there chatting xx

Back