So upset

TeriS

Completed first week. Got up today excited to weigh. Put on 2lb. How? I have stuck to the plan - 100%. I have been worried though that with only a stone to lose I should be counting calories along with the plan & perhaps this confirms it? But the reason I wanted to do SW was not to count calories. It is my TOTM - could I put on 2lb then? Could it be water retention & I just need to give it longer? I'm scared to type the gain in my SW online because I know I'll get back sone message asking me to check I did such & such & I know I was 100%. Trying not to cry. :(

Yes it could be your totm... I put on sometimes uo to 5lbs..... Water retention.....have you got a food diary we can look at to check it out? Also be careful if hidden syns... I realised last night after drinking 2litres over the last two days, that my son had bought standard lemonade for me not the diet! I didn't even notice till I finished the last bit of the second bottle! Doh!

Keep going and see how you get on next week...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Three things here!
1. Do not cry
2. Step away from the calories
3. Trust the plan

I dont know what you were eating prior to SW but if people have been counting calories and not very much then that can sometimes mean a gain in the first week so I reckon if you stick with it, you'll have a very pleasant surprise next week. xxxx

Oh and the TOTM affects us all differently - I tend to maintain no matter what I have done, but like the lady above it can sometimes mean a gain - its not fair I know but you'll shift it next week. xxxxxxx

Don't feel disheartened - Continue at it and I am sure you will have a great loss next week. Around my TOTM i maintain/gain for the week and also the week after :( it must be water retention for me. Very irritating but then after the two weeks I lose again :)

Don't give up on yourself, remember the reasons you are doing this and keep them at the front of your mind x

I know how you feel. I restarted SW last week and was extra good and expected a good loss - even went to the gym and jogging 3 times this week and I have STS. I used to loose at least 2lbs in my first week :(
I did start my TOTM yesterday but tbh I have been weighing myself during the week too and seen no difference whatsoever :(

Will stick to it but its hard without the weight loss motivation sometimes.

Stick to it and next week we can hopefully report extra good losses!!

Fran x

Ahhhhhhhhhhh don't feel disheartened, trust in the plan, it does work. When I started SW I had 16lbs to lose, so it is possible.

Do you have a food diary we can look at, just in case it isn't TOTM.

Don't let the gain put you in a bad mood & go off plan, that won't make things any better.

Cheer yourself up with your favourite SW meal.

Don't panic! I always put on around 2lbs at TOTM. Stick to the plan this week, and it will show on the scales at next weigh in.

I know the first thing you want to do when you gain/sts is give up, you feel like you've put in lots of hard work and haven't been rewarded. Whatever you do, DON'T give up on SW. It works, maybe not this week but in the grand scheme of things, over a reasonable length of time it definitely works. Just take a brief look around this forum, everyone here is really inspiring with their stories and losses. No one can lose every single week, it's not possible, your body is unpredictable. Some people gain with * week, it doesn't seem to impact on others. Everyones different but stick with it, because whatever didn't come off this week will surely come off next week and in the weeks to come! Good luck!

Perhaps you have a food diary that we could look at? I know when I first started (and this isn't to say you are), I didn't understand the plan and as such wasn't eating my HE's and using my syns which others on here kindly helped to point out and set me on the right path.

Thanks everyone. You're all so kind & supportive. You've made me feel alot better already. Will step away from the calories (....puts down calculator!) & give it longer & see what happens when TOTM ends (maybe will weight again in a few days). Will also start keeping a food diary for some advice/guidance in case there's anything wrong. Thank you all. Felt so down this morning & sort of felt like I'd let everyone on the forum too ...which is ridiculous I know but shows that if there's a way to put pressure on ourselves we will. I feel better now. Thank you. :)

You don't need to count calories because I also have one one stone to lose. I'm ten stone I want to be 9 stone I did mostly green days this week and a few extra easy. I ate 15 syns a day and a couple more oops and I lost 3.5 pounds in a week. The plan does work just stick at it x

I know exactly how you feel. I had a LLETZ procedure 6 months ago and have been bleeding on and off since. It's really messing with my losses. I never know what to expect on the scales, regardless of how good I've been, and in 6 months I've only lost 2st, but at least it's coming off.

Trust in the plan. If you don't see it this week, you will next week.

Completed first week. Got up today excited to weigh. Put on 2lb. How? I have stuck to the plan - 100%. I have been worried though that with only a stone to lose I should be counting calories along with the plan & perhaps this confirms it? But the reason I wanted to do SW was not to count calories. It is my TOTM - could I put on 2lb then? Could it be water retention & I just need to give it longer? I'm scared to type the gain in my SW online because I know I'll get back sone message asking me to check I did such & such & I know I was 100%. Trying not to cry. :(

If you moved from another diet to SW, dont worry it can be an adjustment period. If you follow the rules you do not need to count calories. If you post a diary up of the kind of things you have eaten over the last week, it will help some other members see if you are going wrong anywhere.

That is so encouraging. Thank you. Definitely feel better today :)

Back