So, what a weekend (now with birth story)

OMG Sarah congrats how lovely. I had 3rd degree tears with my first so if you need any advice let me know. He's absolutely beautiful XXX

Thanks all :) The tears have caused a bit of discomfort, and if I go for a walk (like today) I can feel them a bit more for it, but they seem to be improving and the swelling in my legs and feet seems to be reducing down now. I've finished the antibiotics so just on pain killers and anti inflammatories now, plus my blood thinning injections which DH is now giving me daily, making me feel like a pin cushion!

However today I put my pre pregnancy jeans on without a problem! :D I've got just a few lbs to go (which is probably just fluid in my legs right now!) and I'm back to where I started weight wise. I'm hoping the breastfeeding will help me continue to lose weight further. :)

Thats fab Sarah, isn't it great to fit into your pre pregnancy clothes.

I've got back to my pre-pregnancy weight & lost another 13lb since then but I can't stop scoffing this week (my 1st period since birth)

Wow that's pretty good going. I'd love to lose another stone or two if I could, but with Christmas around the corner and lots of nice foods in the house, it's not easy. I'm hoping to get out walking more to give Thomas some fresh air and give me some exercise, just to counteract the luxury food! I'll be good after Christmas (I promise!) :)

wow sarah, what an experience! Al worth it though, Thomas is just so gorgeous! Hope you recover soon and are back to full health x

Thanks Gemma! Am feeling better each day (less pain at least), and Thomas is doing very well. He's a bit more alert now that we've got over the initial (quite common) jaundice phase. Can't believe today was my due date. He seems to have been here for ever!

I've fitted easily back into my pre-preg jeans and am now just 1lb off my pre-preg weight :D Not bad considering there's lovely belgian choc biscuits that I keep dipping into in the cupboard!

Wow Sarah, I check in to see how you are getting on and he has been born!!!!! Well done you;)
He is absolutely gorgeous, how heavy was he, I have read the last weeks posts I must have missed it somewhere???
Well done on the weight front too, I still havent got batteries for m6y scales so no idea where I am weight wise but I am back in pre pregnancy clothes, but I have a bump around my waistline that I didn't have previously and it seems quite solid so will have to ask about that one LOL.
Hope you are not too sore, I had an episiotomy on my 1st and my stiches burst after a couple of days so I know how uncomfortable it can be, try taking some Arnica tablets they are wonderful at helping the healing process I am pretty sure you can take them while breastfeeding too but you will want to check with your MW.
Take care, hugs to you and baby Thomas, fab name by the way, my DS2 is Thomas ;)

Thanks Jo! He was 6lb 12.5oz. Lost 3oz after 5 days so not too bad (2.9% so well within their limits). I've tried arnica tablets before, used to take them before going out for a ski season, but they made me feel really nautious :( To be honest the uncomfortableness now is just coming from wearing a sanitary pad everyday. Not used to that at all! I'm not really sure if I have much of a bump left as I wasn't small to start with. Need to get the measuring tape out. I do think size and clothes is a better measure of weight loss than scales so well done on that front :D

I weighed in this morning and have lost another 12lbs. I seem to be averaging 2lb a day at present. I'm now 5lb below my pre preg weight. I'll be in my size 16 jeans when I can find them! Although my trackie bottoms are still far more comfy ;) This has to be the best diet during christmas as I can eat the nice food in the house and still lose weight!

Thomas is doing well, he's more alert but unfortunately it's at night and early morning rather than during the day, so am feeling a bit tired from it and need to get my sleeping to fit in better with his. However the MW seems happy enough. Next job is to try expressing some milk and getting DH to feed him on a late evening feed and give me a bit more of a solid sleep. :)

Huge congratulations on your wee bundle, he looks beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your story too. :)

Thank you! Well he's 4 weeks old today. He weighed in at 8lb 10oz on Wednesday so clearly feeding well and catching up on his weight. Breast feeding is going well altho my weight loss has plateaued (could be down to the Christmas chocs mind!). Just need to start getting a routine for both of us ready for when DH starts back with work, else I'll never get anything done around here!

Still can't believe he's ours though!

Back