So what's on the menu for today??

GracieMai

Just being nosey and trying to get some inspiration really. It's my first week back on plan, joining group again on Thursday so I'm a but rusty so if anyone has any comments on my menu pls feel free to post.

I'm doing Green by the way. Right here goes.

Breakfast = 28g of Fruit & Fibre (HEB) with 200ml of Semi Skimmed Milk (part of HEA, saving the other 50ml for my 3pm cup of tea.)

Lunch = Cous cous salad, (mixed lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, yellow & green peppers) Cous cous is Ainsley Harriot Moroccan Medley = 1.5 syn. Apple and Banana for afters.

Dinner = Quorn sausage and baked bean bake (inc 42g reduced cheddar cheese = HEA).

Syns - Orange Bacardi breezer = 7.5syns

that leaves 6 syns to play with throughout the day.

xx

Last edited:
Breakfast: Branflakes (big bowl so 2 x hexb) and a banana

Snack: 2 clemintines

Lunch: Mugshot and some strawberries

Snack: Yoghurt

Dinner: Quorn sausages, mushy peas and either mash or new potatoes with gravy

Got most my syns to use as well. but not sure on what!

My hexa will be on milk throughout the day in tea

Hexa 250ml SSkim milk for cups of tea throughout day

breakfast 2 small slices WM bread (hexb) toasted with tinned tomatoes and brown sauce -1 sin

snack - 1 nectarine

Lunch - home made Leek and potato soup made with 1 level tsp olive oil - 2 sins, lots left over for later!

Dinner, Jacket potato and beans and salad (may change to something more interesting if I go shopping!)

so far so good!

Last edited:
Lunch = Cous cous salad, (mixed lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, yellow & green peppers) Cous cous is Ainsley Harriot Moroccan Medley = 1/2 syn. Apple and Banana for afters.

Are you having the whole packet? if so i think you need to count 1.5 syns for it! Its half a syn for 100g, but the whole packet makes around 250g once you add water to it..so it tots up to 1.5 syns per pack! If you are only have a third then thats fine to count just half a syn! xxx

Oooh good spot Ellebear, I didnt see that it was per 100g!! Ha ha very nearly caught out in the first week :eek:

Rightio thats 1.5 syns for cous cous as I'm sure I'll have the whole packet.

Thanks again, just goes to show what a second pair of eyes can see!! xxx

My day is quite boring today :( didn't have much food in the house. Red day!

Breakfast - 28g of Special K Sustain with Milk and a Fruit Salad with Strawberries, Blackberries, Blueberries, Cherries & Redcurrants covered in fat fat Strawberry Yogurt

Lunch - 3 Ryvita Thins (4.5 Syns) and a Fruit Salad with Pineapple, Apple, Satsuma & Kiwi

Dinner - Steak with Lettuce, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Peppers, Spring Onion, 2 Hard Boiled Eggs & 1 tbsp of Low Fat Salad Cream (1.5 Syns)

Snack - 1 Kellogg's Fibre Plus Cereal Bar & 1 Banana

Lots of fruit...didn't realise til now. Maybe that's why my stomach is KILLING me!!!

So far...
Breakfast: large bowl of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries with 0%fat greek yog

Lunch: Salad with roasted veg and Laughing Cow extra light (hexA)

Tea: Salad and Quorn burgers (red onion ones from chiller cabinet) and sw wedges

Snacks: Apple, 0% far greek yog mixed with dried prunes, apricot and fig (HexB and a bit of a mix and match), curly wurly (6 syns).

Skimmed milk in tea and coffee and lots of water.

EE day for me.

(B) apple & coffee

(L) Chicken mugshot, 2xboiled eggs, apple & strawberries with yoghurt

(D) Spaghetti Boloagnaise, sugarfree jelly.

god you lot are organised! I'm back on EE this week

for breakfast i've had some porrige (HeB) with Milk (HeA) and 1 tea spoon of half spoon sugar (1.5 syns)

lunch i have no idea.

dinner will be chicken, roast potatoes and Veg. and gravy (synned)

Ha ha it's my first week back so I've got to organised otherwise I'd lose the plot!! So far so good today yay!! Just enjoyed my massive lunch all for 1.5syns :) I am now officially stuffed xx

Hiya, I am on a Green Day as usual!

Breakfast for me was 28g Special K Sustain with 180ml SS Milk (HEA)

Lunch was Baked Sweet Potato, 42g Mozzarella (HEA) and homemade SW Coleslaw

Snacks will be: Cherry Tomatoes and Strawberries and 2 Alpen Light Bars (HEB)

Tea will be Quorn burgers or Sausages, new potatoes, salad & SW Coleslaw

Have spent 1/2 syn on the tbsp of Extra Light Mayo which I used in the Coleslaw but I am going to try and limit my syns to 5 today!

on ee.
breakfast was strawberries,satsuma,pineapple and a lemon w/w yogurt.

snack was fibre plus bar.

lunch was 2 sausages,a poached egg,beans,tomatoe and mushrooms.
afters was 2 satsumas.

tea is planned to be chicken breasts stuffed with quark and spinach with sw chips and veg.

im on an EE day so
Breakfast was 2 Weetabix (HExB) topped with some grapes and fat free strawberry yoghurt

Lunch was - baked Pollack, carrots, green beans, and new potatos in the staff canteen

Tea - Pork chop done in the George Forman with Salad

1 Marks & Spencers rocky road bite @ 2.5 syns (which someone brought into work and put the whole bucket on my desk)

I need to use another 2.5 syns at least to keep my C happy but am not hungry hmm

EE day for me

Breakfast......Yogurt

Lunch...........Homemade potato and sweet poato soup, small salad with tuna.

Dinner..........SW classic chicken curry (made last night had some left over)

Also my new syn free latte....Use my Nespresso machine for a shot of coffee, add a shot of suger free vannila or caramel flavoured syrup by Davinci (cant stand sweetners) and discovered this through this web site) then froth skimmed milk with the machine...voila syn free latte.

Don't know about snacks and syns yet.

Red day for me today.
So far:

Breakfast:
4 Rivita original with Asda cottage cheese with chives and onion HeB
250ml semi skimmed milk HeA
Banana
Lunch:
Roast chicken salad topped with 2 lvl tbsp Hellmans extra light mayo 1
Asda cheese curls 3.5
Mixed fruit salad topped with Muller lite yoghurt
Tea:
Pork chop steaks fried with frylight, garlic, mustard powder and onions
Loads of syn free veg and 100ml Tesco gravy granules 2
Melon slices
Hi fi Bar HeB
1 Cadybury Curly wurly 6

Total syns for day: 12.5

Red Day for me:

(B) 28g porridge made with 125ml ss milk (1.2 HEa)

(L) Chicken wrapped with bacon & stuffed with quark & garlic (made extra last night :D) with salad, lettuice, red onion, cucumber & rosted tomatoes

(D) We are having pork with a creamy leak sauce, roast pots (SW way, using other HEb & cheese HEa) Pudding - merringue nest filled with home made Bailey's Ice cream & chopped Strwberries (synned)

Will be snacking on fruit throughout the day - I love Slimming World!!

After several days on Red, I fancied a big plate of comfort food for lunch so we've gone Green today. I've just eaten syn-free chips, baked beans and fry-light fried eggs and now I feel really really sleepy (and satisfied) :)

Back