sole source and water flavouring/bottled flavoured water

emma&alex

Hi
I'm just wondering what the issues are with drinking still flavoured waters? I will ask my cdc next time I see her, but shes away at the moment. Its just that I begrudge paying £7 for a little tub of water flavouring we been when I can buy a huge 2 litre bottle from the supermarket for about 50p. I know you can drink these waters when you are on atkins as my brother and dad have been doing for the past few months and it hasnt effected their ketosis or weight loss. I know this is a totally different diet, and things can effect you differently, but i'm just wondering why they advise you not to have it really.
thanks in advance
x

Mainly because when it was allowed, a lot of people found their weightloss stalled.

Even on Atkins, some people have the same problem and it's one of the things they are told to drop if they start plateauing.

Cambridge worked out a formula that was less likely to cause this problem, as long as you only had a small amount after 3 weeks.

Its just that I begrudge paying £7 for a little tub of water flavouring we been when I can buy a huge 2 litre bottle from the supermarket for about 50p.

Okay, £7 sounds a bit steep. I don't charge that, but that's beside the point.

Most CDCs sell for just under £5 I think which works out at 32p for 2 litres as it makes 30L. Even at £7 you are only paying about 32p for 2 litres. So that would be cheaper than your 50p bottle :confused: Or is it too early in the morning for my maths brain to kick in?

Am I right in thinking that many flavoured bottled waters contain citric acid? Which is a no no? xx

Am I right in thinking that many flavoured bottled waters contain citric acid? Which is a no no? xx

Yes, though some do contain malic acid instead which is preferable.

BTW, people often say that CD flavourings are more expensive, and they may well be a little more if you are buying a really budget brand, but I think the main reason is that it looks like such a small tub.

If they added the water and sold a whole crate of 30L for £5 (or whatever), people would rejoice at the bargain me thinks.

Back