Some help and advice please...

jessabelle

needs more willpower!
I've only recently started Slimming World and find the concept of it really easy to follow. As a veggie i follow the green days so i can eat pasta and potatoes etc. I don't seem to feel hungry and im eating more fruit and veg. My problem is that i can't say no to sweet things. I bake a lot and so does my friend at work so when cakes and cookies are bought in i have one.
My fiancee bought me a box of chocs for our anniversary on weds and i ate the whole box. I feel crap afterwards tho. Its as though i've got no willpower at all but i really, really want to succeed and lose a stone. Does anyone have any advice on how i can stick to it and achieve my goal? x :sigh:

Hi. It is a toughie, but we with I just about manage because I want to be slimmer and healthier more than I long for the chocs! I use my sins for my sweet treats, and try hard to focus on what I want to achieve rather than that momentary pleasure I get from the chocs-but it is bloody hard! lol! So maybe look at where you want to be in, say, three months time, and turn your back on the sweet things? Just a thought, but I really know how difficult it is. x

dont bake lol if you do then just dont eat any of it. i have a family of four kiddies so do some baking for them but they arent fussed for it so my baking days have lessened. used to do a lot of muffins!

for the choccies get your partner to hide them (he shouldnt have bought them anyway lol) my dh bought me a box of thornton choccies last friday about 12 in the box...i had two then the rest were eaten by the kiddies! or take them into work!!:p

Have you told people that you are on SW? I do this so that people don't offer me biccies/cakes in work!

x
the woman who bought the biccies in is on weight watchers but she had a hangover lol so bought them in.
Also with the baking, i try to have only one of whatever ive baked as my treat. But as it's what i want to do for a career im trying to teach myself not to eat the whole lot! so im getting there x

I think you just need to give yourself short sharp kick up the ass hun! It's all about changing your mentality towards these things, which you are clearly trying to do! Envisage the end goal all of the time and it will drive you. :D

You want to lose a stone.....was it baked goodies that put on the stone? If so, don't sabotage your diet from day one.......the feeling of losing and heading towards your goal is so much greater than the satisfaction of a cookie, IMHO :D

Try and enforce that willpower and I'm sure you'll succeed :D:D

K xx

Back