Some information from Lipotrim

Busy Mum

Silver Member
I had a letter from Lipotrim in the post yesterday informing me that their order line for products closes on Friday, 14th December 2012 until 2nd January 2013 so those of us staying 100% for December may need to remind our chemist so they order enough stock in advance and they also sent me a leaflet which I've copied and pasted below for those it might interest. A testing season is approaching for us all, lets all be strong and make the right choices for ourselves.

.....Lipotrim
Our best advice .​
DON'T BREAK YOUR DIET FOR CHRISTMAS
You are' NOT being given permission to break your diet for Christmas​
If
you choose to break your diet, here are a few of the issues involved:
The Christmas season often presents a series of pressures to indulge in food and drink at considerably excessive levels. As a result, the weight regain consequences of a loss of control can be considerable. This can prolong your need to diet on the formula in the New Year, Is this really what you want to do?

Restarting can be considerably more difficult than starting the first time. You have achieved a great deal and are now in danger of forgetting those difficult first days. Remember who it is that has to be uncomfortable during the restart of the diet.
You must refeed appropriately if you plan to break the diet for Christmas:

a) 1. The Maintenance Formula Foods are designed to help you keep control while eating normal food. Have one or two daily during the tempting days of the Christmas period.

2. Try using two Lipotrim maintenance formulas each day with a normal low fat, high protein meal for two weeks before attempting to restart. This should ease the transition back into the Lipotrim Total Food Replacement Programme.

b) Restart as soon as you can and make sure you don't give in to the temptation to delay 'just another day'.​
Make sure you keep your regular appointments and never restart Lipotrim as a total food replacement without seeking advice, even if you have a few left over sachets.

c) Alcohol blunts your resolve. Avoid excessive drinking if at all possible.

d) Keep in mind that the more sugars and high carbohydrate foods you eat, the more glycogen you will restore, the more water weight you will regain and the harder restart will be.

e) Keep in mind that the more fats and oils you eat, the more real fat you will have to take off after you restart your diet.

f) Turkey and lean ham are high protein foods and may not make it quite as difficult to restart as high carbohydrate foods will, although they will remind you what food tastes like and stimulate your desire to eat again. Try to just eat some of the protein foods and ignore the fats and carbohydrates. Your capacity will not be very large, anyway, after being on total food replacement for a prolonged period and you are likely to find that you become very uncomfortable if you eat a very large meal.

g) Christmas lunch prepared by following very low fat principles will have far fewer calories than the traditional counterpart.

Christmas will return again next year, we promise. If you are able to reduce your weight, you stand a much greater chance of celebrating Christmas Future. The choice is yours. Make sure that the choice really is yours. No-one has the right to force you to eat or drink during Christmas.

Last edited:
Hey thanks i found this info very interesting, wanted to ask if u have any ideas what i should do? I finish my 1st week on weds coming found 1st few days hard but im finally gettin used to it now only ive got my partners 30th birthday on the 15th of dec ten xmas the next week i dont want to give up on LT but i promised my partner we would go out for a meal for his bday and i would like to join in at christmas dinner, but i dont want to ruin how well ive done this week. If id thought about the bigger picture id of waited till new year to start LT. Im in a muddle i dont know what to do, i was abit naieve an thought il start an then il just eat on my partners bday n on xmas day an il just exercise extra hard to burn it off. But after reading the threads on here it soubds like if u eat with out refeeding it causes pain. Is this true? Sorry for all questions, just soo confused over it all. Thanks

Hey thanks i found this info very interesting, wanted to ask if u have any ideas what i should do? I finish my 1st week on weds coming found 1st few days hard but im finally gettin used to it now only ive got my partners 30th birthday on the 15th of dec ten xmas the next week i dont want to give up on LT but i promised my partner we would go out for a meal for his bday and i would like to join in at christmas dinner, but i dont want to ruin how well ive done this week. If id thought about the bigger picture id of waited till new year to start LT. Im in a muddle i dont know what to do, i was abit naieve an thought il start an then il just eat on my partners bday n on xmas day an il just exercise extra hard to burn it off. But after reading the threads on here it soubds like if u eat with out refeeding it causes pain. Is this true? Sorry for all questions, just soo confused over it all. Thanks

Hi Bex, definitely don't just eat a meal without refeeding, it can make you very ill. Could you have a chat with your partner explain how you feel and postpone the meal? If that's not an option could you go out but you stay 100% sticking to only water all night? Is it an option not to eat Christmas dinner and stay 100%? Christmas will be back next year. If you really have to eat you could refeed a week before your partners birthday and then have 2 Maintenance formulas a day and a very healthy main meal (just veg, meat and salad no proteins). I'm sure you would still lose and then back on to TFR on boxing day or in the New Year. It is hard at this time of the year with lots of social events happening. How much weight are you hoping to lose?

Last edited:
Thanks busy mum im hoping to lose 4 stone overall. Ive spoke to him but he doesn't want party or night out etc he wants a nice meal cooked by me (beef wellington of all things ) that's all he has asked for so i don't want to let him down image thinking i may do refeed from next week till new year as i imagine ill still lose as it's better than all the crap i used to eat. An then ill start tfr new year. Thanks for the advice. X

Sorry that should have read no carbohydrates not no proteins!

Thanks busy mum im hoping to lose 4 stone overall. Ive spoke to him but he doesn't want party or night out etc he wants a nice meal cooked by me (beef wellington of all things ) that's all he has asked for so i don't want to let him down image thinking i may do refeed from next week till new year as i imagine ill still lose as it's better than all the crap i used to eat. An then ill start tfr new year. Thanks for the advice. X

At least you've made a decision and now you have a plan. Come back at the beginning of January and you'll be at goal by the end of April at the latest, ready to enjoy the rest of spring and summer in style! Good luck.

thanks for the info BM.

Busy Mum said:
At least you've made a decision and now you have a plan. Come back at the beginning of January and you'll be at goal by the end of April at the latest, ready to enjoy the rest of spring and summer in style! Good luck.

Thanks busymum you are very good at getting all this info for us. Without you we would be loss

Back